Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
I can remember spending the month of February every year in school learning black history.

We did not spend that amount of time on any other subject matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 08:49 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
All you = Black people

Yes, I'm very serious. I do not for the life of me get what it is that you want that you haven't already been given.
As my grandmother says...never argue with fools because outsiders might not know who is who....so Im done with you.

Have fun reveling in your hate.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:51 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Slavery was a crime against humanity.

America could not have been built into such a wealthy and powerful nation without the labor of slaves
Correction: the South could not have been built into such a wealthy and powerful region without the labor of slaves.........

I think the industrialization that was well underway in the late 19th century was a custom fit for the new country, which was rich in natural resources and entrepreneurship. America, more or less, was destined to be rich.

The South, if anything, suffered from hanging onto labor-intensive enterprises, while the movement of the age was toward machine efficiencies. So, the South fell behind.

You could even make the argument that slavery has impoverished this country in many ways by holding back progress (and, later, by entrenching attitudes).

Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
As my grandmother says...never argue with fools because outsiders might not know who is who....so Im done with you.

And I concur

Old 06-24-2009, 08:53 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
Furthermore, as I said before, America doesn't have enough money to pay reparations, therefore relax your mind and let your conscious be free
It has and will continue to be free, but thanks for your concern.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:54 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
At the time, it was not. It was practiced world-wide and not with just africans.
Just because "everybody" did it does not make it any less abhorrent.........

Old 06-24-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Its clear that your hatred is very deep within yourself. I do not know what black person pissed in your pot, but not every black person did.

You have to be very young and very under educated, clearly because you have no reading comprehension skills, if you did, you would have read the apology for what it was worth and saw that we, black people on CD have said that this apology means NOTHING!!!! Also, this was not broadcast majorly so I gather most black people didn't even know it happened.

I don't want anything for you, or any other person in this world. I went to school, I work, I have a happy family...thats all I want. As for other black folk and me as well, I just wish people would stop asking black people to forget about something that was soooo horrible, its never going to happen sir.
Actually I'm very educated and have provided for myself very well in my life so far. I am neither an ignorant or hateful person. Don't pretend to know someone better than you do.

There is a simple question that I do not understand and obviously you have no answer for. What is it that everyone is asking for?

I will not dismiss slavery. I understand how evil it was. But, I also am not willing to pay a dime for it as many black leaders suggest.

You say no reparations, apology is pointless, yet you carry on. What is it that you want?

Old 06-24-2009, 08:57 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,712 times
Where is that ignore button!!!! Im dying to find it....

Old 06-24-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:

Hate = undercover race card. Sorry, was just asking a simple question you wouldn't answer and decided to twist.

Nothing I have said is even in the rhealm of hate. Nice try.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Where is that ignore button!!!! Im dying to find it....
It's on the table, right next to your reparations check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies