Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 08:48 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Holy Cow.
Yep. That summed it up for me when I first heard this yesterday...with an expletive of course

Old 06-26-2009, 08:56 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Video: Michael Jackson death 'linked to painkiller injection' -Times Online

Quote:
News of the manhunt broke on the well-connected celebrity gossip website TMZ.com, which was the first to report the star's death. The police action followed earlier reports that Jackson had been given an large dose of the drug - which can prompt cardiac failure - to help deal with the pain after a rehearsal for a series of 50 comeback concerts in London.

TMZ reported: "We've learned law enforcement is looking for a doctor who lived at Michael Jackson's home - and the doctor is nowhere to be found... The cops want to interview the doc."

Old 06-26-2009, 08:57 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,244 times
Well, I have many fond memories of Micheal and his music. In particular, DH and I had our first real date at MJ's concert as Comiskey in 1984.

R.I.P. and condolences to the family.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 06-26-2009, 09:01 AM

315 posts, read 761,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
With all due respect how do the allegations that Joe was strict and made the kids practice rather than play, make someone want to shun their own race and wish they were another? I don't see the relation.

Cry me a river on the Joe Jackson was an abuser claims. Why didn't Kathryn get up off her a$$ and leave him then? Why is it always about Joe? Joe's brainstorm to create the Jackson Five made them millions. Boo-hoo MJ should have stopped blaming his dad and took responsibility for himself, he might still be alive. Why didn't saint Kathryn demand he get some help? Because the gravy train might have ran out??
I absolutely agree with you that his mom is just as responsible for his abuse as his dad because she enabled him to beat her kids while all she did was look the other way. I also think that katherine should have told her son and all her other kids to look for professional help because they seriously need it. You see just because I love his music does not mean that I excuse his psychotic and perveted ways.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:03 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
I absolutely agree with you that his mom is just as responsible for his abuse as his dad because she enabled him to beat her kids while all she did was look the other way. I also think that katherine should have told her son and all her other kids to look for professional help because they seriously need it. You see just because I love his music does not mean that I excuse his psychotic and perveted ways.
Glad to hear it. It's too bad they didn't get him some help!

Old 06-26-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I see the skin bleaching and plastic surgery as body mutilation, not shunning his race. The man had major psychological issues stemming from his childhood and flawed value system. He was surrounded by "yes" men all of his life. Nobody ever told this man "no". He lived his life with no filter on whatever. He was an abused child, he had a weak mother who did nothing to protect him as a child. I don't see it as shunning his race. Many actors, and entertainers have plastic surgery. But they don't take it to the degree that Michael Jackson did. What he did to himself is body mutilation.

Just like Elvis, surrounded by Doctors who shoved pills down his throat till he died.
Well I happen think that MJ had self hate issues and plastic surgery gave him a way to live out his fantasies of being white or even female. He may not have hated all black people but he definately hated his black self.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:12 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Is it just me or does the world somehow seem less *weird* today?

RIP MJ, I know lots of people are crying over ya but just as many are laughing. Either way it sucks to be you.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:12 AM

I will admit that I am also sick of the celeb worshipping society america has become. This is a sad story but to have it on every single station in almost every single country all day is just ridiculus. I am sure there are other important issues going on in this world than the death of MJ and farrah fawcett.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:19 AM

416 posts, read 407,887 times
Important issues like swine flu? Thats getting worse.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:35 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chango View Post
is it just me or does the world somehow seem less *weird* today?

Rip mj, i know lots of people are crying over ya but just as many are laughing. Either way it sucks to be you.
that reminds me... Weird al just lost some fodder.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies