Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 07:13 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times

Advertisements

I beleive him. America is on her deathbed and he seems content to let her die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 07:18 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
I beleive him. America is on her deathbed and he seems content to let her die.
America as some of us have always perceived it.
Is he not helping to hasten the death?
There's a different word for that.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:30 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,287,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Come on folks, use a little logic here, he is talking about those that have no hope of survival and throwning thousands of dollars in the trash for no logical reason, use the care for those that can benefits from it and keep those that are terminal as comfortable as possible. FYI, no one is leaving here alive.
Casper
You THINK that what obamacare means. What Obama says, and what Obama means sometimes are not the same.

You have no crystal ball to see the future and blindly trust the government to "do the right thing". I place my trust in the hands of medical professionals, not some bureaucrat who works for the government. You may say that the end result will not be a bureaucracy in charge of healthcare decisions, but you just don't know do you?

Go ahead a put your healthcare trust in the government. It has done such a great job with Medicare. NOT!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 07:33 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You are trolling. There is a difference between taking the life of another and allowing nature to take the life of another. Learn it.
As always, some will take a mile when only an inch was given. They are always reading between the lines and then adding whatever they think they see. It was already pointed out, quite well I might add, that it is hospitals and doctors that sometimes continue testing and treating people that have no hope of improvement or even survival, all in the name of the almighty dollar. I have seen this done on more than one occassion and in every case it was either the family or an honest doctor that had to put a stop it. Make sure you have a living will, express your desires in black and white, otherwise others may very well profit from your misfortune and even goes so far as to cause more suffering before your body says enough is enough.
Casper

Old 06-27-2009, 07:38 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
[quote=cdne;9491357]You THINK that what obamacare means. What Obama says, and what Obama means sometimes are not the same.So, you profess to know what President Obama really means? Reading between the lines is usually a bad idea.

You have no crystal ball to see the future and blindly trust the government to "do the right thing". Then how do you know what the President really means, tarot cards I place my trust in the hands of medical professionals, not some bureaucrat who works for the government. You fate is already in the hands of insurance companies, or didn't you know that.You may say that the end result will not be a bureaucracy in charge of healthcare decisions, but you just don't know do you?And neither do you. Maybe it would be better to stick to the facts as they are and not speculate so much.

Go ahead a put your healthcare trust in the government. It has done such a great job with Medicare. NOT!!!I agree, Medicare has it's issues, does not mean we should not have it, just reform and fix it. The alternative for many would be no healthcare, not much of an option.[/quote]
Casper

Old 06-27-2009, 07:56 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
What words other than WOW JUST WOW are mine?
Take the blinders off and read the "one's" own words. What we have been warning and what has been said before.
The obama administration wants to pick and choose who receives what care, when and for how long.
It is NOT the Govs place to choose someones medical care it is up to the families involved.

But what do you expect from a administration that says the
"old should just die gracefully"
Well now does this apply to all the politicians and their families ? Or is it just us poor peasants? Such compassion......but does it surprise me? Absolutely not. It's very obvious the only compassion is being shown to the 12 million illegal lawbreakers in our country and oh, let's not forget the "bow" that wasn't a bow.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:15 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
I'm no fan of government in healthcare at all, under ANY circumstances. If you think the above described scenario is "bad" because an insurance company made the decision, then just wait until obamacare is fully instituted.

Medicare pays so little that MANY doctors REFUSE to accept it, and are going strictly cash. The government has made such a huge mess of the healthcare system that it now wants to "reinvent" it, hoping that nobody notices that the GOVERNMENT caused the healthcare problems in the first place.

I've lived long enough to have experienced many of the problems with the medical industry. I've experienced the pre-medicare AND post-medicare medical scene, and have witnessed the decline brought about by government interference. That insurance companies peg their payments to medicare allowances is indisputable, and it is a fact that medicare pays very little to medical professionals.

Medicare is a dismal failure and treats mostly patients who are over 65. Think what kind of a freakin' mess the government can make of meddling in the healthcare of the under-65 crowd.

Remember,...there is no situation/problem that cannot be made worse by government involvement/interference.
Pre-medicare? You were working in health care before 1965? You must be more than ready to retire. I graduated from nursing school in 1970 and I am now 60 years old, and hoping to retire soon.

Medicare has kept many elderly out of poverty. As Casper said, the alternative to Medicare for many is no health care.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:20 AM

[quote=Casper in Dallas;9491429][quote=cdne;9491357]You THINK that what obamacare means. What Obama says, and what Obama means sometimes are not the same.So, you profess to know what President Obama really means? Reading between the lines is usually a bad idea.

You have no crystal ball to see the future and blindly trust the government to "do the right thing". Then how do you know what the President really means, tarot cards I place my trust in the hands of medical professionals, not some bureaucrat who works for the government. You fate is already in the hands of insurance companies, or didn't you know that.You may say that the end result will not be a bureaucracy in charge of healthcare decisions, but you just don't know do you?And neither do you. Maybe it would be better to stick to the facts as they are and not speculate so much.
Go ahead a put your healthcare trust in the government. It has done such a great job with Medicare. NOT!!!I agree, Medicare has it's issues, does not mean we should not have it, just reform and fix it. The alternative for many would be no healthcare, not much of an option.[/quote]

The nation cannot even keep Medicare afloat, and that program primarily involves only a small percentage of the population. Not a very good omen for adding another 270 MILLION or more to the ranks, huh?

Personally, I believe the healthcare "crisis" is overblown. Everyone has stories about somebody they know/heard about/read about and their personal healthcare situation. Most of that rhetoric comes from those who want a nanny state, and don't want to take responsibility for their lives anyway. Yes, I really believe there are a lot of lazy people in our society who wish to suckle at the government teat, at the expense of others.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Pre-medicare? You were working in health care before 1965? You must be more than ready to retire. I graduated from nursing school in 1970 and I am now 60 years old, and hoping to retire soon.

Medicare has kept many elderly out of poverty. As Casper said, the alternative to Medicare for many is no health care.
Never said I "worked" in the medical field, only lived in the era before government got involved in/ruined the system of private insurance.

As for people not having medical insurance, I would ask,...."whose fault is that?". People to plan to fail, they fail to plan, and then cry and whine to the government when their decisions, or lack thereof, bites them in the butt.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
The nation cannot even keep Medicare afloat, and that program primarily involves only a small percentage of the population. Not a very good omen for adding another 270 MILLION or more to the ranks, huh?

Personally, I believe the healthcare "crisis" is overblown. Everyone has stories about somebody they know/heard about/read about and their personal healthcare situation. Most of that rhetoric comes from those who want a nanny state, and don't want to take responsibility for their lives anyway. Yes, I really believe there are a lot of lazy people in our society who wish to suckle at the government teat, at the expense of others.
[/quote]

I have been hearing about the impending "collapse" of Medicare for 20 years at least. Hasn't happened. I'd almost be willing to venture to say it is not going to happen. (Never say never)

This is an excellent article about health care from a conservative journal.

Reforming American health care: Heading for the emergency room | The Economist

In a paper in the Journal of Economic Perspectives last year he and Alan Garber, of Stanford University, argued that America’s health system was “uniquely inefficient”, producing too little per unit of input and consuming far too much of the country’s resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies