Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 08:29 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
All I want is a simple Yes or No answer. I know what the truth is. Not one of you anti-self defense/anti-gun people will answer NO.
There is no simple answer, and what you have ESP?
Where do you get anti- gun anti-self dense?
I OWN AND LOVE MY GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I no more self defense measures than just guns. I throw a mean knife and know karate ( thanks dad)

I have a problem with anyone taking issue with more saftey measures for guns.
Adding more guns to society is not the answer, obviously, we already did that and look, problem getting worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 08:32 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyboy View Post
I think they're all out applying for permits
I'd like to see who these anti-gun/anti-self defense people are. It's not me. I prefer common sense over radical measures like arming everyone.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:35 AM

592 posts, read 2,810,226 times
Come on now Nea, a few pages ago you made reference to "gun nuts.." now your talking about your love for an inantimate object. It really was a simple question that many have never thought about. I don't think the point of the question was to belittle anyone (was it chloe?)....relax man, and go get your permit!!

Old 04-18-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
I'd like to see who these anti-gun/anti-self defense people are. It's not me. I prefer common sense over radical measures like arming everyone.
Yep I agree. It just isnt rational or smart to arm everyone, it will lead to more deaths. Heck it already has.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
Come on now Nea, a few pages ago you made reference to "gun nuts.." now your talking about your love for an inantimate object. It really was a simple question that many have never thought about. I don't think the point of the question was to belittle anyone (was it chloe?)....relax man, and go get your permit!!
I am a girl, I have a permit, I own guns. A gun nut to me is someone that believes a gun is an answer to his and everyone elses problems, no other solution, which is all I am hearing here.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:38 AM

9 posts, read 21,960 times
My prayers go out to the victims of the horrific crime! It was senseless. I watched the whole thing unfold on T.V. Very, very sad. There is one thing that bothered me about what happened that could have maybe saved the lives that were lost....The notes,stories,or poems that the shooter wrote out!! There was a councelor there that read those poems that the shooter had written way before this happened and called the police to have an investigation started on these poems! Nothing happened. Now 33 people are lost. Not because he(the shooter) was able to get the guns to shoot those people! Because the police dept. out there failed to investigate what that councelor in That school was saying to them about the shooter and the poems he was writing. The shooter had a problem that alot of people go through in their lives when going to a school or college where they feel alone with noone to talk to. Just wanting to be accepted by other students and to be a part of Virginia Tech. All I hear is that this shooting is a recordbreaker! WHAT!!!!! That's crazy and it will happen again like the rest(school shootings) if the police don't invstigate even the smallest of info givin to them from someone reliable in the community. As I said earlier, my heart goes out to the victims and their families for this tragedy that could have been prevented!All I hear on the news now is what the world is going to do about how guns are bought and sold. That's not the issue!!!!!!!Guns don't kill people!! People kill people!!!

Last edited by billoco33; 04-18-2007 at 08:50 AM..

Old 04-18-2007, 08:42 AM

592 posts, read 2,810,226 times
I didn't mean to offend you Nea, sorry about the "man"...I'm not seeing in this post anything close to guns being the only answer, maybe I'm not reading it right.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
I didn't mean to offend you Nea, sorry about the "man"...I'm not seeing in this post anything close to guns being the only answer, maybe I'm not reading it right.
it is ok. Everyone here is saying people should arm themselves, get more guns, instead of offering other ideas, havent heard any yet besides getting more guns out there.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:50 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
it is ok. Everyone here is saying people should arm themselves, get more guns, instead of offering other ideas, havent heard any yet besides getting more guns out there.
Yep, that's what I've been hearing, too. More guns! More guns!

Old 04-18-2007, 08:59 AM

9 posts, read 21,960 times
Guns, guns, guns! Theres always going to be a debate about guns. It's simple really. I know we can't go around analyzing everyone when a person goes and buys a gun. The 7 day waiting period is Perfect! In that time the police dept. should have all the info they would need to qualify or dissqualify a person from having a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies