Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 08:54 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,621,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I think some of the things she did, which many politicians do, are hypocritical. Calling for abstinence in teens, when her own daughter was pregnant out of wedlock.
Family value, she was also pregnant when she got married.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:54 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,359,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
LOL because he is the president so he is presidential

I think sarah does a great job for what she is. she does have an appeal to core group of very conservative people. she will be able to get many people to listen to her message. she is "attractive" and speaks the words that her listeners want to hear. on the other hand she is a lightweight and is too far right to be able to win any election on a national level. I think she will make a great female rush limbaugh type of personality. she will make lots of money but she will never be president.
The Tonya Harding of presidential politics....

Old 07-04-2009, 08:55 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,621,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Took her 4 separate colleges to get a degree.
5+ years for a 4 year degree, not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:57 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,127,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Mule, what's on my last nerve is that not one of these people who constantly blare about SP can coherently discuss her record as governor of Alaska. They hear her say something about "energy independence", which is just hypocritical lip service on her part. They're being used.
I agree 100% with you....they have memorized the FAUX talking points and just spew them at will and it's sickening to most of us,but I imagine it is TRULY sickening to those of you who have had to put up with her dimwitted ways for so much longer.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:59 PM

817 posts, read 855,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
With one single stroke of the pen, Sara Palin began to breathe air into a dead Republican elephant...

The Big Money is flowing in. McCain has been given his Orders. Arnold has been given his phone call to 'Get California together or risk losing the # 2 spot on the Ticket.

6 months of speeches and coffee clatches without the controlled news media.

It's going to be a big Tea Party Theme...

It's a big gamble...but as you said, "The countries worth it!"

thanks...for all of America...thanks!
I doubt she'll run in 2012. Even if she did the GOP won't back her.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:59 PM

37,560 posts, read 19,435,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And no teleprompter!

Things are going just great! How's your 401K doing?

Are you still working? Praise God. If not, you got what you voted for.

Business sucks, and it isn't going to get better, because no one is going to do anything as long as they don't know what this administration is doing. That is why no jobs are being created. There is no growth. For jobs to be created, there has to be growth in the private sector. It isn't going to happen under Obama.
Yes. She used a teleprompter, and it was specifically mentioned in the news stories.

After a pitiful interlude beginning late last summer where it lost approximately 40% of its value, my 401K has rebounded since January and is ahead of where it left off. The Bush administration only cost me some lost interest. My IRA still has a few issues, but I am working through those also.

If yours has not recovered, perhaps you need to tweak your investment mix a bit. Also, the time has never been better to up your participation.

My business has suffered, but is in the process of recovering. There are some huge energy projects in the pipeline right now that will require the participation of a lot of players. We are looking to be back solidly in the black by this time next year.

In the interim, smart managers are now taking advantage of the downtime to retool, get PM done on equipment, put in new capacity at bargain prices, and crosstrain employees. In other words, to generally load the business cannons for the next battle, which WILL come.

If your attitude is summed up by "Business sucks, and it isn't going to get better, because no one is going to do anything as long as they don't know what this administration is doing.", chances are you are getting ready to participate in a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Send me a resume when you tank.

Last edited by cuebald; 07-04-2009 at 09:09 PM..

Old 07-04-2009, 09:00 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,735,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Do you not understand why I object to what you are saying? I have been a registered Republican for over 30 years. I have worked in nearly every election; was the regional campaign manager for a gubernatorial candidate, the campaign manager for two local candidates in years past. I contribute my dollars and my time. I am a bona fide Republican, but evidently, according to the far right . . . I am a pseudo Democrat.

Your attitude is exactly why Republicans LIKE ME are leaving the party. That's gonna get you and your far right buds nowhere! You need me. Time you and your fascist friends took a deep breath and reconsidered how you plan to get anyone elected again in our lifetimes w/o the support of people who prefer the Party of Lincoln to the Party of Limbaugh.
What exactly is the "far right"? Why the need for namecalling, did I return the same in kind? You are a moderate, you have that right, but it is killing us, again, we ran a "moderate", i.e. Dem Light in the last election and it bit us in the butt. I'm a conservative waaaaay before I'm a republican, btw.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:00 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,831,543 times
I hate the fact that she has come across as uninformed. This is a setback for women who want to break the glass ceiling. I am angry at her for not refusing John's request. This was truly avoidable.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:01 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,987,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I agree 100% with you....they have memorized the FAUX talking points and just spew them at will and it's sickening to most of us,but I imagine it is TRULY sickening to those of you who have had to put up with her dimwitted ways for so much longer.
Yes, especially the ones who babble something about some mafia conspiracy. wth?

I wonder if that poster will explain what he/she means about doubting that the infighting that has always been a hallmark of SP's administrations have anything to do with Alaska.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:01 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,735,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Sarah Palin was married on August 29 1988 and he son was born on April 20, 1989, not even a full 8 months after the wedding.
Ok, thanks. But you didn't respond to my first part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies