Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 07:19 PM

416 posts, read 408,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy;9604494Can we say, "liar"? "Thug"? [B
Yes We Can![/b]

Things are going just great! How's your 401K doing?

You got what you voted for.

Oh Bumah!

O.B.A.M.A — One Big Assed Mistake, America!
Flame Post Alert!!!!

Old 07-04-2009, 07:19 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,131,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Lack of depth of knowledge. Embarassingly shallow. I am not knocking her as Gov of Alaska cause frankly, I know nothing about whether or not she was doing a good job for Alaska. She simply is a light weight in a world where a heavy-weight is needed (as far as national politics).

I don't hate her - I just don't think she is qualified to serve on the national level.

She needs to just go away. There are some of us out here who are registered GOP . . . and feel Palin and other far right types do not represent us. We are centrists and moderates and we feel our party has been hijacked by the far right. I think there is space for all voices to be heard, but it is not right to have voices drowned out by the "just say no" far right faction of the party.

If the GOP is to pull itself together - then we need to go back to our roots - FISCAL CONSERVATISM - and stop the rhetoric from one group w/in the party. Palin represents only that one faction.
Seriously. How is that any different than the Momma's boy we have in the white house now??

Old 07-04-2009, 07:20 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,366,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
One at a time, please...
she's an ignorant hypocrite.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:21 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,293,587 times
Default Palin Threatens Legal Action Against Media

Palin Facebook Message Slams Media, References "Higher Calling"

"I am now looking ahead and how we can advance this country together with our values of less government intervention, greater energy independence, stronger national security, and much-needed fiscal restraint. I hope you will join me. Now is the time to rebuild and help our nation achieve greatness!"

Who "values" would this be? Never mind that her own administration in Alaska has violated every single one of these "values."

And as for her threats of a lawsuit:
Perhaps Barack Obama should sue Sarah Palin for defamation of character?

And for what "higher calling" has she abandoned the governorship? Being governor was too "low" a calling for it?

What a complete loser this woman is. Leading the pack in her "Iquitarod."

I knew that her quitting was only the beginning of her road to vengeance.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
she's an ignorant hypocrite.
And you voted for Obama because...?

Old 07-04-2009, 07:22 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,723,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Lack of depth of knowledge. Embarassingly shallow. I am not knocking her as Gov of Alaska cause frankly, I know nothing about whether or not she was doing a good job for Alaska. She simply is a light weight in a world where a heavy-weight is needed (as far as national politics).

I don't hate her - I just don't think she is qualified to serve on the national level.

She needs to just go away. There are some of us out here who are registered GOP . . . and feel Palin and other far right types do not represent us. We are centrists and moderates and we feel our party has been hijacked by the far right. I think there is space for all voices to be heard, but it is not right to have voices drowned out by the "just say no" far right faction of the party.

If the GOP is to pull itself together - then we need to go back to our roots - FISCAL CONSERVATISM - and stop the rhetoric from one group w/in the party. Palin represents only that one faction.
I believe that we, i.e. true social and fiscal conservatives, and you, i.e. Dem lights are truly incompatible. You want to keep running McLames out there, newsflash, if people want a liberal, they can vote for the real thing.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:23 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,185,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
One at a time, please...
Which people?

Why do you think they hate Palin?

Criticism in your mind is hate? So politicians should never be criticized?

Are you so close to "hate" so much of the time that you interpret any comments that aren't slavering adoration as hate?

I dislike Palin for a variety of reasons but they all stem from HER not me.

Ya know, if you quit hating so much you'd save energy and feel better.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:23 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,226,536 times
I don't think anybody hates her. Speaking for me, I thinks she's a complete farce. I also think it's hilarious that a large fraction of the GOP thinks she'd make a great candidate. Probably the same faction who thought that Bush was a good candidate.

America has seen the folly of electing "average people." We like having intelligent, capable, and diplomatic people like Obama.

What you see as "hatred of Palin" is actually "mockery of her supporters."

Old 07-04-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Which people?

Why do you think they hate Palin?

Criticism in your mind is hate? So politicians should never be criticized?

Are you so close to "hate" so much of the time that you interpret any comments that aren't slavering adoration as hate?

I dislike Palin for a variety of reasons but they all stem from HER not me.

Ya know, if you quit hating so much you'd save energy and feel better.
Geezus. Slow down. Chew your food.

I thought it would be a nice compliment thread to "why do you hate Obama"

Old 07-04-2009, 07:24 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,046,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Hey, that is a great selling point for national health care!!!! When you look like Pelosi, you can have cosmetic surgery to look like Palin.
no comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies