Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 03:45 PM

31,698 posts, read 41,167,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
People don't go around filing ethics complaints against themselves for the fun of it. Why did she feel compelled to do this?
Not sure Freud contributes to this board?

Old 07-05-2009, 03:47 PM

1,193 posts, read 4,003,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Thanks.

The city also had to hire an administrator for the first time because Palin wasn't up to the job.
She should have stuck with the sports caster gig. LOTS OF DOGS!

YouTube - Sarah Palin: KTUU-TV Sports Reporter (1988) Footage

Old 07-05-2009, 03:53 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,305,588 times
Quote:
People don't go around filing ethics complaints against themselves for the fun of it. Why did she feel compelled to do this?
Yes, it is weird, isn't it?

I don't know why she felt compelled to do this. Perhaps an Alaskan can answer this question.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:54 PM

45,756 posts, read 61,157,919 times
Quote:

Pre-emptive strike. In general an elected official will hear this crap about "ethics violations" day in and day out and gets tired of them, especially on the local level and may just pull the pin and request one on their own.
I dared someone to file a complaint about 20 years ago. My "violation"? I had bought a new car and since I was a teacher the person thought I shouldn't be able to afford one, so she had determined that I had embezzled money from a Town project I was chairing. She did file a formal complaint with the MD Special Prosecutor (sole job-investigate alleged wrongdoing by elected and appointed officials). The investigators came down, looked at my bank records and paperwork on the car, reported no violation. Also sent a letter to the filer asking her not to waste their time again. Twenty years later she still claims the investigators engaged in a cover-up. Oh yeah the car, 1989 Plymouth Reliant.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:54 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,963,705 times
Any chance that Palin had in 2012 went out the window when she "quit" her DUTY as Governor of Alaska. She is a joke and leaving office 18 months early for no good reason other than "I have done all I can" is horse crap. Defending her now shows a political blindness unlike any other.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:59 PM

37,569 posts, read 19,435,191 times
Quote:
Sarah filed the complaint with a group of people she could control because of her position as governor. An independent investigation might not have gone down so smoothly for her.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Pre-emptive strike. In general an elected official will hear this crap about "ethics violations" day in and day out and gets tired of them, especially on the local level and may just pull the pin and request one on their own.
I dared someone to file a complaint about 20 years ago. My "violation"? I had bought a new car and since I was a teacher the person thought I shouldn't be able to afford one, so she had determined that I had embezzled money from a Town project I was chairing. She did file a formal complaint with the MD Special Prosecutor (sole job-investigate alleged wrongdoing by elected and appointed officials). The investigators came down, looked at my bank records and paperwork on the car, reported no violation. Also sent a letter to the filer asking her not to waste their time again. Twenty years later she still claims the investigators engaged in a cover-up. Oh yeah the car, 1989 Plymouth Reliant.
That is hilarious, sad and so believable. It was unfortunate you had to go through the process.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Yes, it is weird, isn't it?

I don't know why she felt compelled to do this. Perhaps an Alaskan can answer this question.
Isn't she the first governor since the new ethics law was passed up there? This may be more about the new law and a history of corruption in the state and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:08 PM

17,681 posts, read 16,830,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It's a shame that good people have to go through this sort of thing. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:09 PM

15,402 posts, read 29,032,538 times
Quote:
She probably wanted to ensure the investigation was done by her own people. You get a much nicer result that way.

Amusingly, Sarah's always had plenty of contradictions. I think it's funny that someone who now claims she's been so hurt by the media, was courting media attention on July 1:

Palin: 'I'd win' a race against Obama - UPI.com

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-against.html

Hmmm, does this sound like a person who's been so wounded that she has to quit her job and drop out of politics? Nope, sounds like a person toying witha presidential run to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies