Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 03:31 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Not all of us are "right wingers", but thanks for playing.
Ok..America haters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 03:32 PM

785 posts, read 1,050,484 times
As a staunch leftwinger, I am deeply offended by your comments, although not surprised because there are plenty of right-wing nutjob lunatics that accuse anyone that doesn't agree with them of being unpatriotic. Just because I don't agree with alot of things that the US government has done doesn't mean I don't love my country. You right wing wackos are hipocrites because many of your people say very unpatriotic things when they disagree with the government as well. Rush Limbaugh said that he hopes Obama fails. We are in the biggest crisis since the great depression as well as 2 wars and he wants the President of the United States to fail. Very unpatriotic! I posted a video clip on another thread of the Congress' biggest lunatic, Michelle Bachmann, telling the people of Minnesota to "grab their guns" and then quoting the 10th amendment of the Constitution because Obama wants to pass a cap and trade bill (a very weak cap and trade bill at that). Unless you're willing to denounce this outrageous behavior, save the bull**** about leftists being unpatriotic!

Old 07-04-2009, 03:32 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Isn't that the unfortunate truth. They want nanny government to tell them...
...what to like;
...what to eat;
...what to driv;e
...how to vote;
...how to raise their children;
...how to heat their home;
...how to treat their pets;
In short:
...how to live their lives.
So, have you been forced to do any of these things? Or anybody else you know? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:36 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Seems to me the RightWing hate America as they are not interested in developing a heath care system for it's citizens. Ironically while they scream about a "Nanny State" they do everything in their power to make sure a segment of this country not be allowed to marry one another. I guess it's "Country First" as long as it's the part of the country they like.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:38 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
I wouldn't say left-wingers or right-wingers "hate" America.. I think they want America to act according to an "ideology"... I wish we stopped and think about not forcing everyone to live according to an ideology... perhaps then, we wouldn't have democrats or republicans anymore...

Old 07-04-2009, 03:42 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,487,419 times
The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice -- and always has been.
-- Mark Twain

There is, of course, a more uncommon form. It takes more work to discover it, but the effort is worthwhile...

Old 07-04-2009, 03:44 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Isn't that the unfortunate truth. They want nanny government to tell them...
...what to like;
...what to eat;
...what to driv;e
...how to vote;
...how to raise their children;
...how to heat their home;
...how to treat their pets;
In short:
...how to live their lives.

TRUTH? Bwaaa Haaa Haaa

Sounds more like a Rush FlimFlambaugh whine

Old 07-04-2009, 03:47 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Here's a thread with rightwingers siding with a KGB operative over the U.S. President..Enjoy.

Obama not fully informed on Russia: Putin spokesman
And that has what to do with love of country, especially when it's merely one person's obviously influenced opinion?

Old 07-04-2009, 03:48 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
And that has what to do with love of country, especially when it's merely one person's obviously influenced opinion?
What does a slew of writers, stretching their muscles on the topic of fireworks, have to do with love of country?

Old 07-04-2009, 03:52 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
So, have you been forced to do any of these things? Or anybody else you know? Inquiring minds would like to know.
Nope! I stand behind and have the power of my personal convictions. Yes, government regulations are a factual factor in all our lives but thus far they leave us freedom of choice which I savor and that makes me deplore those who are so incapable of or unwilling to think for themselves that they're ready to cede all of it to Washington.

This has never been a land of sheep and that certainly not what my grandfathers, father, uncles, I and my oldest so have fought for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies