Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 PM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Yeah, that EPA scientist? An economist.
so? his undergrad degree is physics. EO wilson is a biologist.
is a degree in climatology/environmental science crucial to one's credibility, or not? please make up your mind.

Quote:
Try again.
ok, here goes:
good enough? or have you changed your mind yet again?

Quote:
Nice touch--the condescending tone.
lol, this coming from you. that's like mike tyson complaining about the taste of the ear he just bit off.

Quote:
Unfortunately, it can't save you from the facts.
i don't require saving.

Quote:
So how about that email, eh? You gonna' send it? Seriously, I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing the error of their half-brained ways.
how about it? i already told you i was more than willing:
Quote:
if you can show me evidence that they're having a shrieking alarmist fit even remotely like the one you just had, and claim that the planet is dying? heck yes, i will definitely send them an email.
please post their meltdowns and email addresses here for our viewing and emailing enjoyment.
any luck with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Atheist. I believe in science.
good to know
but if you were truly a skeptic, you'd be an agnostic.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so? his undergrad degree is physics. EO wilson is a biologist.
is a degree in climatology/environmental science crucial to one's credibility, or not? please make up your mind.

ok, here goes:

good enough? or have you changed your mind yet again?

lol, this coming from you. that's like mike tyson complaining about the taste of the ear he just bit off.

i don't require saving.

how about it? i already told you i was more than willing:

any luck with that?
An undergraduate degree in physics? Wow. Okay, then.

E.O. Wilson provides information to climate science. Or is that too complicated for you?

Only if they're having a "shrieking alarmist fit"? I guess you'd have to ask them, wouldn't you?

More deflection. Pitiful.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
ugga, I can't remember if I asked you this question or not, but why is this issue so important to you? You seem very adamant about it.

And I'm not setting you up for an attack, but I'm also curious if there are other areas of science where you disagree with the predominant opinions.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
LMAO. "Shrieking alarmist fit." Looks to me, rather, that you're the one beginning to be a little alarmed: you're anxiously trying to deflect the topic, since you can't really respond that ALL of those organizations and researchers are simply wrong and "half-brained" without looking like an idiot.
you confessed more than once to being terrified, and had one of the most fantastic meltdowns i've yet seen on this board, but i'm the alarmed one.
all righty then.

who was the one to start this 'half-brained' business that has you so distressed, again? remind me, please

Old 07-08-2009, 11:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
Quote:
good to know
but if you were truly a skeptic, you'd be an agnostic.
Hmm. I don't see it that way. The definition of an agnostic is someone who believes that it is not possible to know whether God exists or not. It leaves the door open. To me, that's not being a skeptic, that's being a fool. Okay, that might be a little too strong, but my point is that if you're open to the possibility that God exists but unwilling to commit to the idea that he DOES exist, then you could probably doubt anything.

Yes, I'm a skeptic on global warming, but I'm not a skeptic on the existence of God. I've seen no evidence that any "gods" exist.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
you confessed more than once to being terrified, and had one of the most fantastic meltdowns i've yet seen on this board, but i'm the alarmed one.
all righty then.

who was the one to start this 'half-brained' business that has you so distressed, again? remind me, please
Thin. Very thin. Kind of pitiable, actually.

Like I said, anyone with half a brain, and the facts at hand, would feel terror.

There's been no "meltdown." That's merely your fantasy.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
An undergraduate degree in physics? Wow. Okay, then.
wow, indeed. no matter how many times you see

Quote:
The co-author of the report, John Davidson, is an environmental scientist in the economics office who holds a doctorate in physics.
Quote:
The co-author of the report, John Davidson, is an environmental scientist in the economics office who holds a doctorate in physics.
Quote:
- you cannot help but ignore it.
why is that?

Quote:
E.O. Wilson provides information to climate science. Or is that too complicated for you?
links please.

so did carlin and davidson. or is that too complicated for you?

Quote:
Only if they're having a "shrieking alarmist fit"? I guess you'd have to ask them, wouldn't you?
you're the one so insistent on me emailing them-can't you act as a go-between and ask them on my behalf? if you can't provide any evidence that they had a meltdown even remotely like yours, i guess that's eminently understandable. please keep looking, though. the offer still stands.

Quote:
More deflection. Pitiful.
don't be so hard on yourself. half-brained folks deserve a break...

speaking of deflection- how about that ph.d in environmental science?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
ugga, I can't remember if I asked you this question or not, but why is this issue so important to you? You seem very adamant about it.
we're about to be saddled with what i believe will crush our weak economy like a bug [crap-on-trade]. were it not for that, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Quote:
And I'm not setting you up for an attack, but I'm also curious if there are other areas of science where you disagree with the predominant opinions.
not really, no.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
wow, indeed. no matter how many times you see

- you cannot help but ignore it.
why is that?

links please.

so did carlin and davidson. or is that too complicated for you?

you're the one so insistent on me emailing them-can't you act as a go-between and ask them on my behalf? if you can't provide any evidence that they had a meltdown even remotely like yours, i guess that's eminently understandable. please keep looking, though. the offer still stands.

don't be so hard on yourself. half-brained folks deserve a break...

speaking of deflection- how about that ph.d in environmental science?
I'm not "ignoring it." The answer is in the link I provided:

Guardian Environment Network: A devastating critique of EPA science? | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Which, of course, you didn't read, so:

"First off the authors of the submission; Alan Carlin is an economist and John Davidson is an ex-member of the Carter administration Council of Environmental Quality. Neither are climate scientists. That's not necessarily a problem - perhaps they have mastered multiple fields? - but it is likely an indication that the analysis is not going to be very technical (and so it will prove). Curiously, while the authors work for the NCEE (National Center for Environmental Economics), part of the EPA, they appear to have rather closely collaborated with one Ken Gregory (his inline comments appear at multiple points in the draft). Ken Gregory if you don't know is a leading light of the Friends of Science - a astroturf anti-climate science lobbying group based in Alberta. Indeed, parts of the Carlin and Davidson report appear to be lifted directly from Ken's rambling magnum opus on the FoS site. However, despite this odd pedigree, the scientific points could still be valid."

The above was reprinted in the Guardian, but it's originally from this climate science site:

http://www.realclimate.org/

It's amazing. You STILL haven't addressed the FACT of the listing of the international organizations and scientists who have accepted that climate change is anthropogenic--the leading scientific organizations of all developed nations included. In fact, you're avoiding it like the plague. Wonder why that is? I mean, if you think people are half-brained who believe in anthropogenic climate change, you must think ALL the leading scientists in these organizations are half-brained? Hmmm. Interesting. And yes, I'm insisting on you emailing them. Why would you refuse to share with them the counter-evidence you claim to possess? Seems rather mean on your part. Oh right. First I have to prove that they're having an emotional "meltdown." Because if they're not having an emotional "meltdown," they don't deserve to know the secret?

As for your continued deflection about my supposed "shrieking alarmist" "meltdown"--it's sooooo transparently evasive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies