Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 07:53 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yet those EPA scientists who had their paper suppressed last week because it didn't 'fit the agenda' also saw and documented such, but you railed on and on that they weren't believable due to lack of a ph.d in climatology, even though one had a doctorate in environmental science.
how many of those lost species are due to habitat destruction vs. 'climate change'? do you know?

wait a sec. why did AGW proponent rkb0305 say:

seems odd, next to what you just posted, does it not?

but then he/she adds-

That really doesn't make any more sense to you than the whole thing being all about Al Gore? Really? one person vs. thousands, millions even; several industries... or just little old Al Gore?

I admit, I'm no expert. But I don't go around starting threads on things I obviously don't understand. Climate change, or no climate change, the first article posted by the OP is about a .74 degree drop in 3 years. If she had the slightest clue, it would be obvious that 3 years is not long enough period of time to draw a conclusion from. Her subsequent posts only make it even more clear that she doesn't understand. She picked a side based on her politics. Nothing more. It has nothing to do with the science behind it because she doesn't understand it. If she doesn't understand it, it must not be true. I'm done here for now.

Last edited by Kibbiekat; 07-09-2009 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 07:55 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I know--for a fact--that we are all facing a very, very uncertain future. And that our planet is in the process of dying. It will probably survive--but only once the human species has sufficiently diminished to the point that it no longer has the power to overwhelm Nature. No scientist disputes this. They are very, very worried. We should all be worried. This isn't about "scare tactics." This is about facing the most immobilizing, unimaginable reality possible.
"I know for a fact.. the planet is dying... humans diminished... very, very worried... the most immobilizing, unimaginable reality possible"

"This isn't about 'scare tactics.'"

Old 07-09-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The fact is, you know NOTHING. LESS than nothing. You simply scan the internet, looking for wingnut sites that support your politically-driven compulsion to denial.

And you love to mock. Mock, mock, mock.
Pot, meet kettle. I believe you have something in common.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:21 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
It was 59 degrees in NY this morning. I am so scared of this global warming.."we're all going to burn up and die"...Al Gore

...screwballs

Old 07-09-2009, 08:24 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
If she had the slightest clue, it would be obvious that 3 years is not long enough period of time to draw a conclusion from.
And 150 years out of 6 Billion is?

You see, they (the GW fanatics) have predicted dire consequences during that time - they haven't shown up yet. The Earth is cooling, they continue to claim it is/will warm in light of facts.

ALL of their predictions for the past 30 years have not come true. They have had to backpedal on numerous predictions because what they claimed was gonna happen, didn't.

How embarrassing for them AND enlightening for the rest of us. Why should we believe their predictions when they are batting 0 for ?

Old 07-09-2009, 08:25 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
It was 59 degrees in NY this morning. I am so scared of this global warming.."we're all going to burn up and die"...Al Gore

...screwballs

lol...according to the History Channel, NY has bigger problems and they are predictable - water. You guys have about 5 years max to figure it out - the tunnel.....

Old 07-09-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
NY has bigger problems and they are predictable - water.
Yeah, NYC is going to be flooded with all that melting sea ice, glaciers and the Polar Ice Cap.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
The Democratic Party has bought and paid for scientists the world over? That's a good one. How much money does the DNC have?
Did you seriously just say that? Seriously??

How many TRILLIONS of OUR dollars has Obama and the Democrat heavy Congress spent since late January?

I'm not going to take a position in this thread one way or the other about scientists being bought (although government grants are where the bulk of their money comes from - do the math), but your ignorance on where the money would be coming from if it were true is remarkable. But then you usually do just ignore whatever doesn't fit your position, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised this time...

Old 07-09-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
The Democratic Party has bought and paid for scientists the world over?
They are all of the same ilk - tax, spend, control, redistribution.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:49 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
And 150 years out of 6 Billion is?

You see, they (the GW fanatics) have predicted dire consequences during that time - they haven't shown up yet. The Earth is cooling, they continue to claim it is/will warm in light of facts.

ALL of their predictions for the past 30 years have not come true. They have had to backpedal on numerous predictions because what they claimed was gonna happen, didn't.

How embarrassing for them AND enlightening for the rest of us. Why should we believe their predictions when they are batting 0 for ?
so you admit that the .74 degree temp change in 3 years is meaningless? If 150 years isn't enough, then 3 years is most certainly not enough, so why did you post the article?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies