Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:30 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
What are my thoughts? Karma's a b-t-h. I often have thought that the reason so many whites in this country have gone so nuts about Obama's election is that they were afraid that Karma was finally going to catch up with them too.
Yes! It may have been more fitting that his mother named him Karma Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 02:34 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
There is still a lot of tribal friction in SA as well. The big schizm that always used to grab headlines was between the Zulu and the ANC, and numerous other smaller tribes have rifts as well. This is not specific to SA alone, the entire continent is rife with these tensions. Many places that could be beautiful places to see are not advisable to go to. Roving gangs of thugs, hopped up on drugs, and armed to the teeth pillaging, raping and murdering in the name of 'ethnic purity'. Many places in Africa are little more than shining examples of warlord run anarchy. South Africa is pretty stable in comparison. They certainly have their problems, but it's not Somalia Angola, Rwanda or Sierra Leone. Of course the government has been tailored to favor blacks. Why wouldn't it be? Lol, that's hardly shocking news. The biggest obstacle that needs to be overcome now is the rifts the different ethnicities have with one another, being all the same color does not mean they don't have disagreements, bloody ones in many cases. Same as the rest of the world actually. Whites, Asians and Hispanics have the same problems. Humans are funny that way, in the absence of some other race to hate we will hate our own with equal zeal.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:36 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
I guess this makes the "white people suffer to" trifecta. America, Zimbabwe and now South Africa. Which country will be next? I heard a white guy got punched in Mexico..Maybe?

Old 07-13-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Im saying you over exaggerate based on what you read on a white nationalist site.
Time magazine is a 'white nationalist' publication? Did you not see the link? At any rate, SA does not have such a rampant problem as other African nations, but they do have a problem. It's just not as high profile or brutal as other places. That being because they are much more centalized and have control of their armed forces and police. There is a semblance of order and the government is stable anyway.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:45 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I guess this makes the "white people suffer to" trifecta. America, Zimbabwe and now South Africa. Which country will be next? I heard a white guy got punched in Mexico..Maybe?
You seem so tied up on races....hopefully you separate your professional life from your biased way of thinking.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Yes! It may have been more fitting that his mother named him Karma Obama.
Karma? Just who's Karma is being manifested in Barrack Obama? Karma is an individual thing.It cannot be applied to an entire race of people. I've seen this Karma thing brought up on other threads this same way. "Obama's election is Karma coming back on whites' etc. It's just plain silly. People should take the time to understand a concept before applying it. Mandela's taking power in South Africa cannot be equated with Karma in any way either. Perhaps for a few of the more rabid apartheid types who threw down some serious injustice and brutality. One of Karma's cardinal rules is that if you hate something/someone enough you will become what you hate. In this life, or the next, usually it's taken to be the next as being reincarnated in the physical form of the object of your hatred is the worst of fates.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:17 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Karma? Just who's Karma is being manifested in Barrack Obama? Karma is an individual thing.It cannot be applied to an entire race of people. I've seen this Karma thing brought up on other threads this same way. "Obama's election is Karma coming back on whites' etc. It's just plain silly. People should take the time to understand a concept before applying it. Mandela's taking power in South Africa cannot be equated with Karma in any way either. Perhaps for a few of the more rabid apartheid types who threw down some serious injustice and brutality. One of Karma's cardinal rules is that if you hate something/someone enough you will become what you hate. In this life, or the next, usually it's taken to be the next as being reincarnated in the physical form of the object of your hatred is the worst of fates.
Metaphorically, you made my point.

White is black, and black is white.

Yinny yinny, yang yang.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:43 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
What are my thoughts? Karma's a b-t-h. I often have thought that the reason so many whites in this country have gone so nuts about Obama's election is that they were afraid that Karma was finally going to catch up with them too.
Whites are leaving South Africa and soon enough South Africa will be a bright shining beacon of hope and change Zimbabwe has become.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:03 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Whites are leaving South Africa and soon enough South Africa will be a bright shining beacon of hope and change Zimbabwe has become.
Wrong. Majority of the entrepreneurs and business people in South Africa are non-white and the country has grown remarkably since the end of apartheid.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:00 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
1 in 4 South African men admit to raping someone.

Violent crime is incredibly high.

There is a constant drain of the educated from the nation.

It looks like the South African gov't is looking at taking the farms of some of it's (white) citizens....

Yep,it's doing just great.
I worked with a teacher in NYC who was from South Africa and left that country a few years back. I recall her telling me that the violence was so bad (rapes, thefts and murders) that her family decided to leave and call the U.S. their home. In addition she said that many whites have left South Africa and moved to Europe or the U.S because they believe the government could not protect them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies