Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 03:15 PM

68,394 posts, read 54,660,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
that is the largest amount of bull**** in one sentence I have seen on this forum.

Pathetic

That may change after you have the opportunity to read your own post
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 03:33 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,337,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
that is the largest amount of bull**** in one sentence I have seen on this forum.

Pathetic
Red states TAKE more federal tax money than the donate. It's the blue states that are the donor states. I know it hurts to hear the truth, but it's still the truth. Republican politicians love to rant against the government and pass policies that keep their states poor, fat and stupid. Then they line up for federal aid because they can't even pay for the pathetic levels of infrastructure and public services that they do provide. So blue states like NY, NJ, CO, CA, MA, etc... all pay more in federal taxes so that your poor-ass republican states don't collapse completely. How pathetic. Here is a non-partisan tax policy article that points out that Republican politicians bring home a lot more federal aid to their home states than democrats. Like I said, they line up at the trough first. Again, I know the truth hurts you, but it's still the truth.

The Tax Foundation - Why Do Some States Feast on Federal Spending, Not Others?

Old 07-16-2009, 03:47 PM

716 posts, read 1,122,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Red states TAKE more federal tax money than the donate. It's the blue states that are the donor states. I know it hurts to hear the truth, but it's still the truth. Republican politicians love to rant against the government and pass policies that keep their states poor, fat and stupid. Then they line up for federal aid because they can't even pay for the pathetic levels of infrastructure and public services that they do provide. So blue states like NY, NJ, CO, CA, MA, etc... all pay more in federal taxes so that your poor-ass republican states don't collapse completely. How pathetic. Here is a non-partisan tax policy article that points out that Republican politicians bring home a lot more federal aid to their home states than democrats. Like I said, they line up at the trough first. Again, I know the truth hurts you, but it's still the truth.

The Tax Foundation - Why Do Some States Feast on Federal Spending, Not Others?

That is true, but it's because most of the donor states have high population densities and lots of wealthier people in higher tax brackets. The individuals in these states aren't paying any more federal taxes than someone in the same bracket in a red state. It's not like your taxes are raised to pay for a bridge in Alabama.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:50 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,857,280 times
I would consider reading the article, but I don't live in texas, and I don't read tabloids.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
That is true, but it's because most of the donor states have high population densities and lots of wealthier people in higher tax brackets. The individuals in these states aren't paying any more federal taxes than someone in the same bracket in a red state. It's not like your taxes are raised to pay for a bridge in Alabama.
Actually, it's exactly like that. If the idiots in Alabama paid more local taxes, then they wouldn't need the federal money and my income tax could be lower. Red states should pay their own way, but they don't. That's the problem with Republicans, they want their infrastructure, but they don't want to pay for it themselves. We could lower federal income taxes significantly if local red state governments raised their taxes to a level that actually pays for the goods and services that they use. Imagine that!

Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,125,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That may change after you have the opportunity to read your own post
Kicking in the 'nads is now legal in competitive mouth sparring I see

Good form too

Old 07-16-2009, 04:13 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,289,523 times
Quote:
Actually, it's exactly like that. If the idiots in Alabama paid more local taxes, then they wouldn't need the federal money and my income tax could be lower. Red states should pay their own way, but they don't. That's the problem with Republicans, they want their infrastructure, but they don't want to pay for it themselves. We could lower federal income taxes significantly if local red state governments raised their taxes to a level that actually pays for the goods and services that they use. Imagine that!
So you are saying that YOU pay for infrastructure and services for people in Alabama, but THEY are the idiots? LOL

Old 07-16-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
So you are saying that YOU pay for infrastructure and services for people in Alabama, but THEY are the idiots? LOL
Touche!

My only other option would be to move to AL.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:20 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,125,324 times
Quote:
Touche!

My only other option would be to move to AL.
They have FRIED TWINKIES THERE!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
They have FRIED TWINKIES THERE!!!
Really? Hmmm.... Maybe I should at least visit then. It will give me a chance to try out that bridge I paid for too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies