Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you content with the current healthcare system in America
Yes 52 20.55%
No 104 41.11%
Yes and No (Some parts are good, some are bad) 97 38.34%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:07 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times

Advertisements

A possible solution to the health problem in the USA could be a independant Govt run Health Insurance plan. This would mean that anyone who is happy paying for expensive premiums and controlled treatment could stay with the private insurance "Fat Cats". Anyone else could go over to the Govt run insurance plan. This plan would also include fre treatment to anyone earning under a certain amount. They could apply for exemption certificates. Pre conditions would not be a problem. Let's see how many of the staunch private insurance users stay private when they see everyone else getting better, unrestricted treatment for far less money.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:13 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,958,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
A possible solution to the health problem in the USA could be a independant Govt run Health Insurance plan. This would mean that anyone who is happy paying for expensive premiums and controlled treatment could stay with the private insurance "Fat Cats". Anyone else could go over to the Govt run insurance plan. This plan would also include fre treatment to anyone earning under a certain amount. They could apply for exemption certificates. Pre conditions would not be a problem. Let's see how many of the staunch private insurance users stay private when they see everyone else getting better, unrestricted treatment for far less money.
Ok...and who pays for the free government health insurance to all those people earning under a certain amount? And I guess all those people earning above a certain amount don't have a choice and need to stick to the private insurance "fat cats".

I'm not about to start paying more taxes so illegals can have free health insurance in addition to other things they get for free here in America.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:16 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Quote:
A Govt. run health insurance plan.
Which is exactly what people do not want and more to the point, is not provided for in our Constitution.
Katrina? DMV?Post Office?
Only the radical left thinks government run anything is the way to go.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:21 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Hey, I've never ever claimed to be an Obama supporter, so don't talk to me like I'm one. Folks like you complain about this health care mess only to state there is nothing wrong with what we've got. You're in your little safe box and since you are safe everyone must be safe too. But as soon as a snake bites you in the ass you'll be the first one to complain about your safe little box which is often times a kid who doesn't pay for their insurance or they work for a large company who does pay their insurance or a State or Federal job that pays for their insurance. Many don't have that luxury and I'm not talking about those uninsured, I talking about those who are. By the way, those countries that have UHC, they all have private insurance too. Every last one of them. And guess what? They are much cheaper to purchase, covers more and many give you rebates. Another thing, no pre-existing condition applies. Imagine that.
I ONLY look at jobs with large corporations so I have health insurance covered. I take steps to take care of myself, thanks. Other countries (France, for example) are starting to employ the US system of running hospitals because their health care, while cheap, is ineffective. Low cost and low quality is not a good system.

What side are you on anyway? I am very anti-UHC. Health care is a privelage, not a right. It might sound harsh, but we do not have the right to whatever we feel makes our lives a little easier.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:25 AM

If Private health is as good as some would like us to believe...Obama couldn't destroy it. Obviously the thought of a better Govt run health system is scaring the life out of the Insurance "Fat Cats" and their followers.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:31 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Tank, there is no way that you could have read any part of that article and managed all the negative crap you posted. I am proud of your adamant desire to remain ignorant of everything if you see possible right/left. Enjoy the rest of your life.
I read the bogus article that YOU portrayed as non-partisan. Once I saw that it wasn't non-partisan, there was no need to continue. I read enough bullshyt on CD as it is.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Ok...and who pays for the free government health insurance to all those people earning under a certain amount? And I guess all those people earning above a certain amount don't have a choice and need to stick to the private insurance "fat cats".

I'm not about to start paying more taxes so illegals can have free health insurance in addition to other things they get for free here in America.
The govt would hve far more bargaining power with the drug companies.
The Govt would train and employ the Doctors just like they do for driving examiners.
The premiums for the Govt health plan would be far cheaper and would not have to pay the outrageous CEO's salarys.
Much of the high premiums you pay for private goes to sales advertising and staff bonuses etc. This would not be needed in a Govt run Policy and the money would go directly into healthcare as it would be a non profit plan.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:34 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,974,155 times
What's going to happen as more doctors either leave the field or expatriate?

Old 07-22-2009, 06:36 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
So...Obama himself doesn't know what is in the bill but he obviously supports it...

What does that say about him?

That he is just another politician doing what politicians do.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:38 AM

Why should they leave. Countries with a UHC have not had their Doctors leaving so why would American Doctors leave?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies