Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:58 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Haha. This truely is hilarious.

Some "conservative" makes some statement about their own personal views, and automatically people jump on this stupid flame thread to take a shot at an entire group of people encompassing half of the citizens of this country.

You do realize that conservative =/= religious right, right? Just as democrate =/= code pink progressive.

Certainly you can't be this stupid.
Conservative does NOT equal religious right. Plenty of both social and fiscal conservatives are not religious at all. And plenty who call themselves Democrats are true conservatives, either fiscally or socially or both. And, of course, many Democrats, both on the conservative side and the progressive side are very religious. And then you have someone like me - don't belong to any political party; consider myself spiritually Christian, but not religious; take each issue on it's own merits (or lack of merit). On most issues I can get very passionate once I figure out whether I agree or disagree, but I'm not ever going to be drawn into discussion or debate of any issue I don't feel I have an understanding of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 07:59 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,784,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
One conservative poster said that true conservatives only approve of sex when it's between a man and a woman and "influenced by love".

To the conservatives: Can you have casual sex outside of a committed heterosexual relationship and still call yourself a conservative?
What conservative poster said that? I call B.S.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Can you refrain from shoplifting and still consider yourself a liberal?

After all, property is theft, right?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:26 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
John Ensign and Mark Sanford would say yes.

Why do people like you always forget people like John Edwards when you mention something like this.

It has no party so why keep trying it?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:39 AM

507 posts, read 678,706 times
I'm not a conservative, but I do realize that there are different types of conservatives (just as there are different types of liberals), and not every conservative prescribes to the beliefs of the "religious right." However, I do have a huge problem with hypocrisy on both sides of the spectrum. I was horrified when John Edwards admitted to an affair, not because of the affair, but because his family was such a huge part of his public persona, and he could have destroyed any democratic chances had he won the nomination. Everything about his actions conveyed complete arrogance, and little regard for the people he claimed to serve. I am also disgusted by similar actions on the conservative side when they involve hypocrisy. People like David Vitter completely p1ss me off. If you want to support socially conservative issues then fine, but don't tell me what to do in my private life while you cheat on your wife with prostitutes.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:56 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,684,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
One conservative poster said that true conservatives only approve of sex when it's between a man and a woman and "influenced by love".

To the conservatives: Can you have casual sex outside of a committed heterosexual relationship and still call yourself a conservative?

What does being a conservative have to do with sex?
Or better yet what does a liberal care what a conservative does sexually.
A conservative doesnt mean you can't have sex with anyone you choose or make a choose of your lifestyle.
If your in love or not what does that have to do with it and what if the person your having causal sex with is a liberal.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Political conservatisim is supposed to be about being conservative about government power. Its morphed into the "family values" party by a bunch of religious hacks.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:57 AM
obo

916 posts, read 986,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And they never will.
SD doesn't pay any attention to the facts that red states tend to have lower education levels and suck at the federal teat more than the blue states.
We all know that it's willful ignorance.
And you just won the most ingnorant poster award. Blue states are known for their HIGH poverty rates, that's WHY THEY ARE BLUE! They want and need the handouts. You have now deemed yourself ultra non-credible.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,106 times
Republicans have been screwing us for years without any formal introductions.. Dems too...

Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 AM

769 posts, read 887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Republicans have been screwing us for years without any formal introductions.. Dems too...

haha, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies