Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 02:33 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
One conservative poster said that true conservatives only approve of sex when it's between a man and a woman and "influenced by love".

To the conservatives: Can you have casual sex outside of a committed heterosexual relationship and still call yourself a conservative?
Well I am not sure. When my wife and I were dating we were not conservitive about the amout of sex we had. In face we were pretty liberal about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 02:35 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
One conservative poster said that true conservatives only approve of sex when it's between a man and a woman and "influenced by love".

To the conservatives: Can you have casual sex outside of a committed heterosexual relationship and still call yourself a conservative?

Only in the missionary position, anything else makes you a hedonistic liberal, throw in some oral and we're really having fun

Old 07-29-2009, 02:38 PM

769 posts, read 887,653 times
Quote:
Thanks to the minority of responders who answered the question. It seems that the question alone really ticked off a lot of people - namely, many who consider themselves to be conservative.

As a couple of people said, the answer to the question depends on your definition of "conservative". There are many social conservatives who believe you're not a true conservative unless you are socially conservative, including the one who inspired me to ask this question. He basically said, "Conservatives find it distasteful to talk about sex that is outside of a heterosexual loving relationship." I doubted that this generalization was true, but I wanted to get some feedback from others.

I think this highlights one of the conflicts in the Republican Party between those who want to emphasize social conservatism and those who believe the Republican Party should primarily be about fiscal conservatism.

I had a liberal friend tell me once that scientists couldn't be Republicans because scientists believe in the big bang and Republicans don't.......

This person an your source are equally dumb***es.

I tried to argue with the person that said this and they just told me I couldn't tell them what they believe is wrong....I wanted to commit murder right there.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:38 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Can you say a sentence that doesn't include BUSH or PALIN and still call yourself a Liberal???

Old 07-29-2009, 02:39 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Only in the missionary position, anything else makes you a hedonistic liberal, throw in some oral and we're really having fun
Ow that makes me a freak of nature then.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:54 PM

785 posts, read 1,050,106 times
Quote:
It seems that the question alone really ticked off a lot of people - namely, many who consider themselves to be conservative.
Probably because they'd prefer to ingnore the hypocrisy of their heros preaching abstinence only and then turning around and going awol to screw their mistress or soliciting sex in a public bathroom. These holier than thou, religious conservative hypocrites are so patheic its hilarious.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:18 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Probably because they'd prefer to ingnore the hypocrisy of their heros preaching abstinence only and then turning around and going awol to screw their mistress or soliciting sex in a public bathroom. These holier than thou, religious conservative hypocrites are so patheic its hilarious.
Almost as Hilarious as Jim McGreevey and Elliott Spitzer.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:29 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
One conservative poster said that true conservatives only approve of sex wh en it's between a man and a woman and "influenced by love". Can you have casual sex outside of a committed heterosexual relationship and still call yourself a conservative?
Newt Gingrich thinks so.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:33 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
It seems that almost no conservatives can answer the damn question.

But I will answer your question: You can assume that liberals have no moral code if you want. As I said in my original post, the statement about casual sex and conservatives was made by a conservative on this forum; it wasn't my idea. I just wanted to see what other conservatives had to say about it, but it appears that almost none of them are able to come up with a real answer.

Well sir, it seems that the Conservatives are the only ones who actually speak out against their own when they screw up. The Dems just remain silent, or cop for the "It's a personal matter" agument. No one condemned Clinton for his affair. The cat who had 90,000 dollars in his freezer?? I'm still looking for Dems to condemn this guy. MCGreevy? Not one Democrat condemned him.....

I could go on. The Republicans get joked on for being the family valiues party. Gee. There are worse things to be known for.

But that's why they take their own guys to task. And that's a good thing!

Better than being a party where any deviant or corrupt lifestyle is looked at as fine.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:05 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
No I'm only saying that because she is a hypocrite and loves to call out other people about going off-topic or posting repeat threads.

Now, if you'd like, you can go somewhere and quietly pull that foot out of your mouth. Or that stick out of.... Whichever one it is.

BTW...NC IS a blue state.
Chiel is FAR from a hypocrite, she just speaks her mind, you don't like to hear what she has to say. Judging from your join date, I have known her ALOT longer then you have.

Be careful about calling people names, moderators frown upon that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies