Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:57 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

So much for civility.

There's a difference between having a discussion and using bullying tactics to shout down and shut down the discussion. The opponents of health care shown in that video don't know the difference between the two. I have a feeling they also don't accept that Obama is President and that Democrats control Congress. Too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Canada healthcare----a joke.
I had a conversation with that guy once. He's an unfunny, anti-gay conservative Republican "comedian" (or at least that's his job title). I wasn't impressed with him.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 08-04-2009 at 01:11 AM..

Old 08-04-2009, 01:01 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,680 times
I started a thread about Olbermann's commentary:

Keith Olbermann on Healthcare: Legislators for Sale

It hasn't garnered many responses, which I think is odd. I thought his Special Comment was pretty revealing. Not necessarily shocking, but definitely informative, to say the least. The Republicans and Blue Dog Dems who are in cahoots with the health insurance companies/Big Pharma should be ashamed of themselves. They were elected to represent the people, not corporate healthcare interests.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:02 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Put it in the free market and let us shop our insurance. Then they will have to compete for our dollars. Competition will make prices come down, not Obamacare. Healthcare is broke but Obamacare will bury it.
Silly argument.
That's what you have now.
It's not working for a lot of people.
The insurance industry had almost 2 decades to come up with a solution.
They refused to address the issue, so now they're on the ropes.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:03 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

YouTube - Hannity: Sean & Dick Morris Talk Barack Obama and His Health Care Plan Strategy [FOX News]

Old 08-04-2009, 01:04 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
I started a thread about Olbermann's commentary:

Keith Olbermann on Healthcare: Legislators for Sale

It hasn't garnered many responses, which I think is odd. I thought his Special Comment was pretty revealing. Not necessarily shocking, but definitely informative, to say the least. The Republicans and Blue Dog Dems who are in cahoots with the health insurance companies/Big Pharma should be ashamed of themselves. They were elected to represent the people, not corporate healthcare interests.
Oops. Sorry. I just saw this. I just started a thread on that, too.

It was excellent. A little bit of Olbermann goes a long way, but this was excellent.

P.S. I read your thread. The people fighting the health care reform, on behalf of corporations, didn't even bother to watch. They're too busy fighting for the overlords. God forbid they should be interested in hearing the truth about our bought-and-sold nation. They don't seem to even have a clue that they're fighting for the right to be rejected by insurance companies--and to be rejected when they need help the most.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:07 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
For goodness sake, Janelle, try a NEWS source; not commentary pieces.
Maybe your insurance company will turn you down when they see your blood pressure from the frenzy you're whipping yourself into.

Try reading the responses from others; it'll do you some good.

Critical thinking is your friend.
Facts first; frenzy later.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
For goodness sake, Janelle, try a NEWS source; not commentary pieces.
Maybe your insurance company will turn you down when they see your blood pressure from the frenzy you're whipping yourself into.
I think she may be foaming at the mouth. Maybe someone should call 911. Oops! On second thought - don't do that. 911 is a government program. She'd probably reject the ambulance.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:16 AM

I like my healthcare anyday over Obamacare. I want to choose my doctor not have some beurocrat choose it for me. I want to have a say on my treatment, not to be told I don't qualify because of my age or what disease I have.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think she may be foaming at the mouth. Maybe someone should call 911. Oops! On second thought - don't do that. 911 is a government program. She'd probably reject the ambulance.
They won't call an ambulance if you are over 60 with Obamacare. What you want to bet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies