Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:40 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
ok..so what's your point...apparently their not using them if their ending up at the clinic or the labor room...Now are they?
Im just saying...how many abortion clinics are in middle class neighborhoods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 06:50 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,810,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
Sir, I am just being logical. My theory can be proven by the simplest of deductions. For example, think about it... liberals want the government to spend more money on art. They pay adults to create art, but not babies. The obvious purpose of this is to lead to the creation of more adult-made art, which is obviously better than baby-made art, thereby causing babies to feel increasingly inadequate because of all this art being made which is better than theirs, which will increase the rates of infant depression and suicide. Hmm... yea sounds like the libs have a pretty "innocent" motive for that one.
This is a very strange analogy....if kids peak in the early years at their profession, what's the point of school and goals? If you're not good at something but show potential, you work at it, common lesson of childhood. You are saying our kids aren't absorbing this and just off themselves instead of studying?

Old 08-07-2009, 07:09 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
This is a very strange analogy....if kids peak in the early years at their profession, what's the point of school and goals? If you're not good at something but show potential, you work at it, common lesson of childhood. You are saying our kids aren't absorbing this and just off themselves instead of studying?
The simpler explaination is that liberals take a dim view on accountability. They want someone else to take the blame for thier bad descisions. They want to live in anarchy and yet have an oppressive govt to fix it when things go wrong. They have no morals, no values, and no future. And above all, they absolutely hate anyone (conservatives) who stand up for what they believe in, who takes a stand for morals and decency. Love of country is a foreign concept to liberals.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:18 AM

This sounds like more of an aspect of your mentality, my mother is definitely more conservative and I am definitely more liberal but both close to the middle. Morality wise we are very similar, not completely but close...our differences are in governmental structure.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:20 AM

Being a bit liberal is not just about what conservatives typically think of as, 'the big differences' I don't even fit all of those.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:25 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Im just saying...how many abortion clinics are in middle class neighborhoods?
My area is middle/upper class and we have 2 clinics that provide women's health services.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:43 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion - Yahoo! Asia News (http://asia.news.yahoo.com/ap/20090805/twl-us-health-care-overhaul-abortion-ef375f8.html - broken link)

Its all becomming clear now why the libs are so rabid for this
As a conservative, I disagree with this premise. Most liberals and some conservatives want governmental healthcare because they are trully concerned about those without health insurance. I think it's safe to say that health care is a concern that we all share but conservatives and liberals differ in terms of how to fix our healthcare. The fundamental difference between liberals and conservative is that the liberals generally have more faith in our government and believe that the government holds the solutions to problems our nation faces. This is why liberals are pushing for governmental healthcare as they view government as the solution. Many conservatives value freedom and limited government especially after seeing the mess that our government have created in this country. Although there are some conservatives who just do not wish to pay higher taxes for healthcare, I believe that most conservatives are concerned about our government making a further mess of health care at the tax payer's expense. Remember, once our government gains control over something, it's nearly impossible to go back.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,430,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
Wow, are you part of the Psychic Friends Network? Please explain how you know 99.999999999% of the abortions are performed for convenience. I know MANY women that have had them and none were done for the sake of convenience. Maybe if you met some actual women you would have a different viewpoint.

I call BS. You can't prove that and you just use that to back your views. There are very few medical reasons for abortion. VERY few. The fact that you "know so many" that had one for other reasons just wreaks of a lie.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:48 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,919,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I call BS. You can't prove that and you just use that to back your views. There are very few medical reasons for abortion. VERY few. The fact that you "know so many" that had one for other reasons just wreaks of a lie.
Go ahead and call BS smartypants. My mother had one because the baby died. This was before Roe v Wade and the hospital had to approve having her dead baby removed. My friend had one because the baby was not going to live past birth (it had some issue I cannot recall but it was heartbreaking for her since she wanted the child, 20 years later she is still upset about it). I do know someone who had one because she didn't want a child and birth control failed. I can go friend by friend but you do not deserve the time and effort it would take. Besides, what does it matter? Until you volunteer to raise all unwanted children AND can become pregnant/give birth, you have no say what goes on in my uterus or any other woman's uterus. Tell me, have you actually met women in real life?? You have a VERY low opinion of us.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:04 PM

132 posts, read 159,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
Well, if they study art too much then they'll get to be good artists and probably do that anyway, but later in life, when the inner turmoil that drives their creative impulses finally boils to the surface or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies