Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times

Advertisements

25,000 bucks just to have a baby! Added to the 100s of thousands to raise and educate it. No wonder there are so many childless couples and our national birth rate, less illegal immigrants, has fallen to replacement levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 10:20 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
The right wing mantra...Save the Fetus-Screw the Child

They are so self righteous over the abortion issue, but once the child is born, they do not feel that the child and its parents deserves to stay healthy and have guaranteed affordable coverage.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:23 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,431,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Guess we shouldn't cover anything for the obese, right? THAT's more often than not a choice.

No coverage for smokers either, right? Again, their choice.
That's up to the insurance companies, but if it were my business, I wouldn't cover anything that's brought on by years of poor decision making. Why should they be responsible.

Got news though, if government takes over health care, down the road start looking for them to regulate against things that cause poor health. You can't have it both ways. They can't tax us to death and take over health care, just to cover anyone and everyone. And they shouldn't.

They WILL start regulating against things like this. They're already trying to tax junk food. They're jacking up the cigarette tax. It's just going to get worse if they take over.

Will the left THEN decide not to goose step along with the B.O. Administration? Probably not.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:23 AM

305 posts, read 539,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The right wing mantra...Save the Fetus-Screw the Child

They are so self righteous over the abortion issue, but once the child is born, they do not feel that the child and its parents deserves to stay healthy and have guaranteed affordable coverage.

Reminds me of another wingnut slogan I once saw: "Life Begins at Conception and Ends at Birth"

Old 08-05-2009, 10:24 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Bluecross covers abortion AND prenatal care/maternity in my plan. It's a $100 copay for an abortion, I believe.
But what they WON'T cover (at least they wouldn't while I had it) is any kind of birth control! ONLY form of birth control they'd cover would be a tubal ligation - and that only if done right after giving birth or in conjunction with some other surgery.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
But what they WON'T cover (at least they wouldn't while I had it) is any kind of birth control! ONLY form of birth control they'd cover would be a tubal ligation - and that only if done right after giving birth or in conjunction with some other surgery.
They cover my bc with $10 copay, but it's generic and kinda messes with me.... massive mood swings, terrible sudden weight gain etc., but they won't let me back on my brand name bc unless I pay in full, which is $95 a month. Lame.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:29 AM

305 posts, read 539,524 times
Hey ELO and LogicWings: You always have such high-minded well-reasoned explanations about why conservative solutions are better than progressive ones. Why don't you attempt to be the first conservatives to explain how "health care as we know it" can solve this guy's problem. It's been on the boards for 24 hours and nobody seems to have an answer from the right. You guys have answers for everything, so how about it?

People with pre existing conditions who no insurance company wants

Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,485,182 times
Resist the temptation to use the ignore option...resist...resist...

Old 08-05-2009, 10:34 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,431,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoughton View Post
Hey ELO and LogicWings: You always have such high-minded well-reasoned explanations about why conservative solutions are better than progressive ones. Why don't you attempt to be the first conservatives to explain how "health care as we know it" can solve this guy's problem. It's been on the boards for 24 hours and nobody seems to have an answer from the right. You guys have answers for everything, so how about it?

People with pre existing conditions who no insurance company wants
You all are SO fixated on the left government's ability to fix everything. You're buying into their crap that it's the government option or no change to health care at all.

With a little regulation and a few minor tweaks, everything would get fixed. But a government overhaul is NOT the answer. Things would go from bad to worse.

And you always bring up the ONE or TWO people that are having issues. Never the millions that are perfectly happy with what they've got. Newsflash...whatever happens, SOMEONE will get a raw deal. You'll never be able to fix everyone's problems. There is no utopia.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:35 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
You found us out. You're right, that's what it's all about. We'll do anything to get abortions paid for by the government. It has nothing to do with kids, men, women who aren't pregnant, women who want to remain pregnant. You're right, it's all about abortion. Our secret is out.
Oh damn! We are sooooo busted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies