Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 04:15 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,919 times

Advertisements

Coverage is not mandated for illegals in the bill. It simply says taht to PURCHASE insurance someone can not be discriminated against.. on Page 50 , btw.. that insurance companies that SELL insurance can not discrimate against and individual .

THAT MEANS.. an illegal can PURCHASE insurance and can't be denied the ability to purchase insurance based on his legal status..

You have a problem with illegals paying for their own insurance?

Or would you rather they hae NONE and end up in an ER where YOU foot the bill..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 04:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
I read what was posted on OpenCongress and there is a single sentence under the Public Option that says the Public Option is for legal citizens.

What I did think was odd is that this sentence is all by itself and under the Public Option section.
Why not put it in the general definition section at the top of the bill so the entire bill applies to only legal citizens ?
Keeping that sentence by itself makes it very easy to amend later on with some obsure language like "strike sentence x from section y subsection z" which I have seen in plenty of bills.

242.(a)(1)(b) in the bill
"(b), an individual who is lawfully present in a State in the United States.."

Old 08-16-2009, 04:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Coverage is not mandated for illegals in the bill. It simply says taht to PURCHASE insurance someone can not be discriminated against.. on Page 50 , btw.. that insurance companies that SELL insurance can not discrimate against and individual .

THAT MEANS.. an illegal can PURCHASE insurance and can't be denied the ability to purchase insurance based on his legal status..

lol..why would they pay when they can get it for free ?
Come on now....

Old 08-16-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I read what was posted on OpenCongress and there is a single sentence under the Public Option that says the Public Option is for legal citizens.

What I did think was odd is that this sentence is all by itself and under the Public Option section.
Why not put it in the general definition section at the top of the bill so the entire bill applies to only legal citizens ?
Keeping that sentence by itself makes it very easy to amend later on with some obsure language like "strike sentence x from section y subsection z" which I have seen in plenty of bills.

Happy Texan..

in the section that talks about purchasing insurance under the exchange it gives a general reference for not being discriminated against.. insurers can not discriminate based on anything when someone wants to purchase insurance.

So.. if some illegal citizen wants to actually do the responsible thing and have health insurance for himself... you want to deny him that ability.. teh ability to PAY so that if he goes to an ER and gets treated (which he would have to be seen in an ER) his treatment would actually be paid for??

If your talking about GIVING of something to someone.. that is different.. but denying htem the ability to GIVE you MONEY to purchase something and actually be responsible for their own is ..well ridiculous..

Old 08-16-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
lol..why would they pay when they can get it for free ?
Come on now....
Well then there is no need to say wether it's for them or not..

Or are yous uggesting that all illegals just be left to die on the street should they walk into an ER. That's not very humane of you.. and it would never be done.

and they shouldn't qualify for any medicaid..

Old 08-16-2009, 04:27 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,439 times
Quote:
Thank you..

You know what's funny.. there was a woman that went to an Alan Specter town hall here in PA. Since she was on the news and it was everywhere she was invited to sit at MSNBC. She was just a regular woman from PA.
That woman turned out to be a big Glenn Beck fan, and an organizer of 9/12 parties.

She tried to scrub one of her online profiles (which talked of her interest in Beck), but of course the internet is tricky and there were cached copies available.

I'd love to know the percentages of the town hall attendees in opposition:

1. opposed for legitimate reasons
2. opposed for teaparty reasons
3. opposed because they'd been freaked out by Beck
4. opposed because they've been lied to by republicans

Little chance of ever getting that information though

Old 08-16-2009, 04:42 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
That woman turned out to be a big Glenn Beck fan, and an organizer of 9/12 parties.

She tried to scrub one of her online profiles (which talked of her interest in Beck), but of course the internet is tricky and there were cached copies available.

I'd love to know the percentages of the town hall attendees in opposition:

1. opposed for legitimate reasons
2. opposed for teaparty reasons
3. opposed because they'd been freaked out by Beck
4. opposed because they've been lied to by republicans

Little chance of ever getting that information though
I think 4 will win because the same Freedomworks that provides the Buses is suing to end Social Security and Medicare

Old 08-16-2009, 05:04 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,516,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I find it interesting that the Democrats are removing the "end of life" section of the bill. If this was a lie as indicated by T.M then why remove it? The funniest part is that this bill is far from complete and they still want it passed. So what are we passing? I just want to know what the costs to me will be and why is that such a secret?

I thought the same thing.
They will just monitor reimbursements anyway. They do now, with Medicaid and Medicare.

People think they are going to go to the Mayo Clinic and the red carpet will be rolled out.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:

Oh yes it does.
This doesn't matter, because illegals aren't supposed to be here anyway.

They already end up in the ERs. You don't know what you're talking about.

You just shoot from the hip.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Well then there is no need to say wether it's for them or not..

Or are yous uggesting that all illegals just be left to die on the street should they walk into an ER. That's not very humane of you.. and it would never be done.

and they shouldn't qualify for any medicaid..

Illegals come here to work. They come here of their own free will. They have children here of their own free will.

Gee, you dismiss that they have a brain.

If I went to Mexico illegally, I would not get free healthcare, and I would be put in prison.

Your sense of "compassion" is weakness, and you should care for all of the Americans who need help, not illegals.

Why are you siding with illegals??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies