Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 09:35 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Ahhhh, a birfer speaks..............or a "militia" man. We're so impressed. Why don't you expound on how to "nullify laws."
Sure it is easy,simply use your conscience to be your guide...well that works for those who have a moral principles...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 09:37 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Hmmmm. You mean "back then" when they had the Internet and such other high tech resources? LOL I do think you guys live in fantasy-land.
Makes no difference what they did or did not have back then,the same principles apply...or do you not think they do????

Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 AM

820 posts, read 1,203,441 times
There's some common ground here.

Extremists on both ends of the socio-political spectrum share basically the same "Red Dawn " Twilight of the Gods fantasy . They do , however , disagree on what the happy ending might be.
Meanwhile , back in the real world , the USA remains a constitutional Republic with checks and balances firmly in place.

Life is good -- a little absurd political comedy makes it even better.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:40 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
not to worry about the "internet tough guy" posts on this thread. state militias are a good idea.
lots of armchair rambos out there and rageaholics but they dont vote and they dont fight and they dont train so they are of little concern.
people that cant control their wasteline their wallets or their kids or neighborhoods will not take over america.
they will just rave abit and get back on the couch.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
So hateful....you wish to see fellow American wiped off the face of the earth.
Actually what I said was militant, racist dirtbags.....and to answer your question, DAMN RIGHT SKIPPY!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:55 AM

201 posts, read 240,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Who decides when the government is out of control, a few right-wing nuts?
The people do. So when a majority thinks its out of control then is the time. We are obviously getting close to the majority.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:56 AM

201 posts, read 240,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Bring it on, I would like nothing better than to see a few militant, racist dirtbags wiped off the face of the nation....

Since when did patriots become racists? I dont care if the president was white or black or mixed he is destroying this country and turning it into a communist dictatorship.Course if we do die for our country trying to take it back at least we died free.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:09 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonSet View Post
Look, I'm a liberal and I don't particularly like guns, but I do believe in the right to bear arms and would fight any attempt to revoke the 2nd Amendment, because gun ownership is part of our history and tradition. The vast majority of gun owners are decent, law-abiding and harmless people. I don't have a problem with them. I do, however, have a problem with the tiny number of fanatics who go onto the airwaves and the internet, threatening to assassinate elected officials and engage in seditious activities against the democratically elected government of the United States. THOSE are the people I have a problem with. They are tiny in number, but as we saw in Oklahoma City, it only takes one of them to get lucky.
I totally agree. I personally hate labels but I guess you could call me a liberal BUT I strongly believe in the Second Amendment and am just about to purchase my first firearm. Almost everyone I know who owns guns/rifles, ect are very responsible folk just exercising their freedom. If guns were to be banned or even limited then the only ppl to have them would be criminals. Banning firearms is NOT the way to stop this seditious anti-govt element.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:20 PM

820 posts, read 1,203,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot14 View Post
The people do. So when a majority thinks its out of control then is the time. We are obviously getting close to the majority.
That's what ballots and elections are for.
Expect some positive change in the fall of 2010.
And even more in 2012.

It could be worse -- I give President Obama a great deal of credit for saving the Republic from 8 more years of the Clintons.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:32 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot14 View Post
<snip>I dont care if the president was white or black or mixed he is destroying this country and turning it into a communist dictatorship.Course if we do die for our country trying to take it back at least we died free.
As seen through the eyes of the right wingnut fringe....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies