Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Wish Michael Vick Well
yes 52 43.70%
no 58 48.74%
other 7 5.88%
not sure 2 1.68%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Vic had an army of attorneys and public relations people to help make his image all nice and clean. He even had a speech writer draft him a nice speech for the public. He should be in jail but since he takes his place with the other elitist who play us, he got off. I put a monies bet he could care less about what he did. I don't wish him well. Any one want to call me a racist for saying such?
Sure. Stac2007, you're a RACIST! Do you feel better now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,291,851 times
Quote:
Vic had an army of attorneys and public relations people to help make his image all nice and clean. He even had a speech writer draft him a nice speech for the public. He should be in jail but since he takes his place with the other elitist who play us, he got off. I put a monies bet he could care less about what he did. I don't wish him well. Any one want to call me a racist for saying such?

Um, i do not think anyone can call you a racist either. You are entitled to your opinion, but it is when you opinion differs for someone convicted of the same crime, but is a different color. If a change in the complexion of Michael Vick would have changed your ending opinion then I'd say you're a racist, but if you feel the same way about Michael that you would have felt if say Eli Manning was accused of the same crime, served his time etc. Then you're not a racist you're a person that has a very strong view on the issue.

BTW I tend to agree with you. I highly doubt he cares what he did, but he did serve jail time, which means he didn't get off. I doubt that makes me a racist and if Eli Manning was convicted and did the same thing that wouldn't change my opinion one bit.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:18 AM

201 posts, read 240,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
Well Patriot glad to see we are in agreement on something.
Yep sure are. I am not a bad guy I just disagree with most people on most subjects.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:18 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Well, this member of the "masses" challenges you to explain how dogs are more than "just animals". Keep in mind that in many cultures, they are also a major food source.
That's a bad argument. It was the cruelty and his lack of humanity that is at question. Had he done what he did with a rooster (**** fighting), it would be the same. Someone who is capable of cruelty to animals is capable of cruelty to humans as well. Animals are also more helpless and dependent on humans. Vick betrayed this trust and guardianship.

As for why dogs or cats or any animal is more than "just an animal" depends on your outlook. We have pets and they are family members. We treat them as such. I think it shows a greater humanity and compassion, which are two words often tossed around by the left.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Wow. A millionaire hires lawyers and mouthpieces. THAT'S news.

Vick's already been in jail for almost two years. Perhaps you'd prefer that he be executed?

Wonder what punishment you have in mind for Bernie Madoff. No wait, he didn't cheat dogs, just people. No prob.

Jeezus.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:24 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples&Oranges View Post
People who have the ability to torture animals have no conscience. What will he do to animals behind closed doors?

I have to agree. I cannot understand the level of depravity it takes to want to watch animals tear each other apart. I would look in horror if I see a dog fight wishing it would stop but to want to watch...........chilling.

I don't know if I wish Vick ill, I only wish to not think of him. The images he puts in my head are too ugly.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:24 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:

Vic had an army of attorneys and public relations people to help make his image all nice and clean. He even had a speech writer draft him a nice speech for the public. He should be in jail but since he takes his place with the other elitist who play us, he got off.
Your ignorance is showing -- he went to jail. Leavenworth, in fact.
Quote:
Vick, 29, did not initially show enough remorse to satisfy U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson. Vick apologized in court in 2007, but Hudson denied him an "acceptance of responsibility" credit that could have reduced his sentence. He sentenced Vick to 23 months in prison -- more than any of Vick's three co-defendants.

Under the federal truth-in-sentencing law, Vick had to serve at least 85 percent of his sentence. He served the first 18 months in the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan., before being transferred to home confinement in May.

While on home confinement, Vick -- once the NFL's highest-paid player -- worked a $10-an-hour construction job for a few weeks. He switched jobs last month, assisting in children's health and fitness programs at the Boys and Girls Clubs.

Vick will remain on probation for three years. He also is under a three-year suspended sentence for a state dogfighting conviction.

Michael Vick's Sentence Ending (http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/sports/nfl/dpg_Michael_Vick_Sentence_Ending_fc_20090720_26871 40 - broken link)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007

I put a monies bet he could care less about what he did. I don't wish him well. Any one want to call me a racist for saying such?
Well, you are the first and only one to bring his race up in this thread, so. . .

Old 08-14-2009, 10:28 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Sure. Stac2007, you're a RACIST! Do you feel better now?
Why sure! After all many people are being called racist for expressing their opnions these days. It's the perfect defense.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:31 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Your ignorance is showing -- he went to jail. Leavenworth, in fact. Well, you are the first and only one to bring his race up in this thread, so. . .
Well it seems to be going around these days. I thought I would get a jump on it before any one began using the race card as a defense.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:32 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Why sure! After all many people are being called racist for expressing their opnions these days. It's the perfect defence.
yeah but you're the only one who brought up race

Quote:
Well it seems to be going around these days. I thought I would get a jump on it before any one began using the race card as a defense.
Oh well okay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies