Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:49 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times

Advertisements

This makes me SICK !!
AND then to have it televised that he was welcomed home as a hero for what he did.
If the man has cancer, I can see the jail letting his family visit him but letting him go was a HUGE slap in the face to the families that lost their loved ones on that plane.
It also sends the wrong message in general to people who commit these kinds of crime. Life should be life, whether you die of old age or something else. If you get life then they should be carrying your body out feet first when you leave the jail, NOT letting you go free so you can be the poster child for terrorism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 06:58 AM

59 posts, read 52,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
As far as I know he's maintained his innocence and it appears many in Britian believe he's innocent. Can't ask for forgiveness for something you didn't do. I'm just intrigued by the comments by the Rev. that lost a family member. I personally couldn't care less about what another country does with a prisoner already on his death bed. Your feeling of fear is just indicative of your well documented paranoia.

It doesn't surprise me that you would side with a convicted murderer. Not at all. In fact, if I had read the OP and had to take a gander, I would have bet that you would have sided with a murderer.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:11 AM

870 posts, read 1,627,053 times
Quote:
"But a 2007 review of his case raised the prospect that al-Megrahi had been the victim of a miscarriage of justice, and many in Britain believe that he is innocent.

The Rev. John Mosey, whose daughter Helga, 19, died in the attack, said Wednesday he would be glad to see al-Megrahi return home.

"It is right he should go home to die in dignity with his family. I believe it is our Christian duty to show mercy," he said."

I'm curious how religious wingnuts feel about this.

Lockerbie bomber to be freed - Terrorism- msnbc.com
i love how it is basically liberal policy to support terrorists and bash Christians. what great people you libs are.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Great statement on the current mindset of the UK's justice system.

No wonder London is becoming a cesspool of crime.
This was done in Scotland, not England. There is a difference.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:27 AM

Quote:
As far as I know he's maintained his innocence and it appears many in Britian believe he's innocent. Can't ask for forgiveness for something you didn't do. I'm just intrigued by the comments by the Rev. that lost a family member. I personally couldn't care less about what another country does with a prisoner already on his death bed. Your feeling of fear is just indicative of your well documented paranoia.
If he is so innocent why was he given a hero's welcome when he got home ??
He got that welcome for having successfully murdering so many people, most of which were Americans.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
"Let Vengance be Mine", sayth the LORD. That is your religion and not mine.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:40 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
i love how it is basically liberal policy to support terrorists and bash Christians. what great people you libs are.

Guess what?

It was your pissant little cowboy (an alleged devout Christian) that cozied up to the government that sponsored these murders!

What great people you NeoConfuseds are.

GET A CLUE!

Old 08-24-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
I'm a liberal and I would have like to see this man strung up by his testicals in the village square.

Its too bad this man wasn't transported back to the US to be prosecuted under Federal law so that they could have put the SOB to death with the rest of the trash.

Making sweeping generalizations about a group sort of shows how wrong you are.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:45 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
This makes me SICK !!
AND then to have it televised that he was welcomed home as a hero for what he did.
If the man has cancer, I can see the jail letting his family visit him but letting him go was a HUGE slap in the face to the families that lost their loved ones on that plane.
It also sends the wrong message in general to people who commit these kinds of crime. Life should be life, whether you die of old age or something else. If you get life then they should be carrying your body out feet first when you leave the jail, NOT letting you go free so you can be the poster child for terrorism.
You - and the majority of posters here - need to acquaint yerselves with Scottish jurisprudence before commenting.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:49 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about freeing that man.
It does not sit well with me.

But just to add a bit of context:

Iran Air Flight 655, also known as IR655, was a civilian airliner shot down by the United States Navy on Sunday 3 July 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz.
The aircraft, an Airbus A300B2 operated by Iran Air as IR655, was flying from Bandar Abbas, Iran, to Dubai, UAE, when it was destroyed by the U.S. Navy's guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes, killing all 290 passengers and crew aboard, including 66 children...
Now that we're in to the numbers game - how come there is no angst regarding Iran Air Flight 655?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies