Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 07:27 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,537,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
so walmart purchased 18 billion dollars of goods from china in 2004, yet their net sales were 256.3 billion in 2004. guess how much unemployed workers cost the taxpayers every year?

i am not here as walmart's defender since, again, i am not happy with their decision to support obama's health care plan, nor am i happy with their support of la raza.

i will say that when we had our hurricanes in florida, walmart was the only corporation that set up in our area and distributed free ice when our electricity was down for several weeks. no company is 100% good or 100% bad.

you obviously didn't read all of what was posted. There is NOTHING good about wm...nothing at all. Look at what underpaid employees at wm are costing this country. There is no defense for what they are doing, yet the sheeple keep flocking in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 07:30 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,809,736 times
Didn't slug through this thread, but I boycott boycotts.

Seriously though, I don't buy crap. There's a lot of crap out there, and I boycott that.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,016,441 times
Citgo - owned by the Evil Clown

GM - owned by the Union and obama.

Chrysler - owned by the Union and obama.

Anything made in China - this is really hard, cause everything is made in China.

I have curtailed all unnecessary spending to show my displeasure at the obama massive tax and massive spend government.

Any show/movie/series/sitcom made by leftists, featuring leftists.

Any liberal publication on line or in print.

Last edited by sanrene; 08-23-2009 at 08:08 PM..

Old 08-25-2009, 03:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,966,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
You have more options than a lot of people. A lot of times Wal-Mart has a monopoly and here in AR, trust me, they do.

If Target had everything Wal-Mart did, I'd gladly shop in there all the time.
If we had a locally owned grocery store that sold all the foods Wal-Mart did, I'd be in there too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I used to say that myself. I no longer say it. I shop at K Mart for all my necessities that Wallyworld carries, K Mart is an American icon, I remember their "blue light specials" when I was a kid.

If Target doesnt have it, ask yourself who else does. If no one but Wal Mart has it, ask yourself if you really need it, and how to do without it.
Things Wal Mart carries that Target doesn't:

Sewing supplies. Yes, Target sells a few sewing machines, and some little sewing kits for mending ripped hems in a skirt and the like, but they do not carry the array of supplies a home sewer needs. Wal Mart does. Ironcially, so does Hobby Lobby, but I don't really like HL's fabrics. Wal Mart has more variety.

Hospital-style Scrubs: I have to wear scrubs to work. Could I get them somewhere else? Yes, but not locally.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:43 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,454,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Sewing supplies. Yes, Target sells a few sewing machines, and some little sewing kits for mending ripped hems in a skirt and the like, but they do not carry the array of supplies a home sewer needs. Wal Mart does. Ironcially, so does Hobby Lobby, but I don't really like HL's fabrics. Wal Mart has more variety.
Do you have a JoAnn Fabrics near you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana

Hospital-style Scrubs: I have to wear scrubs to work. Could I get them somewhere else? Yes, but not locally.
You could order them online. This company sells them at wholesale prices, and they're made in the U.S. They even have scrubs made from bamboo fabric, which, if you've never felt it, OMG it will make you melt it's so soft. Mmmmmmm.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,966,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Do you have a JoAnn Fabrics near you?

The nearest fabric store is actually Hobby Lobby, with Wal Mart just a little farther. I went in to WM one day last fall intending to buy a Halloween scrub, didn't like what they had and on the spot bought fabric and made one. I call it my "million dollar scrub" due to the time I put in it. But it's cute. I made a 4th of July scrub this summer from fabric I bought in 2005 (still had the recept). Another "million dollar scrub".

You could order them online. This company sells them at wholesale prices, and they're made in the U.S. They even have scrubs made from bamboo fabric, which, if you've never felt it, OMG it will make you melt it's so soft. Mmmmmmm.
I do order some scrubs online; most of us in the office do. There is a fancy scrub store near a big Denver hospital, and it's sometimes a fun (but all day) trip to go there looking. Thanks for the tip; I usually order Cherokee, which makes me wonder why Target doesn't sell them, as they sell other Cherokee stuff. Believe me, if they did, I'd buy the scrubs there.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:20 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,735,523 times
WALMART- they have done more to destroy America than Osama

Fox """News""" - Ruppert Murdoch has done more to destroy America than Osama

Auto's built in Non Union Factories

among others

Old 08-25-2009, 05:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,309,125 times
Boycotts are stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies