Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 10:25 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,453,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post

What's wrong with Home Depot? I can't part with my Hello Kitty debit card...if the credit unions around here gave you options to personalize your card, I'd gladly join but alas they don't. Plus I've been with Bank of America for years and haven't had any problems.
That's why I don't call it a "boycott", as it's just a personal decision not to line the pockets of corporations who are actively working to defeat the Employee Free Choice Act, especially those who think people who aren't opposed to it "should be shot."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 10:27 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,429,580 times
Kelloggs - for the Michael Phelps BS.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:34 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,577,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
That's why I don't call it a "boycott", as it's just a personal decision not to line the pockets of corporations who are actively working to defeat the Employee Free Choice Act, especially those who think people who aren't opposed to it "should be shot."
Then I support them. I'm 100% against Union goons doing a card/vote check when employees vote on joining a union. The vote should remain private.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:36 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,624,161 times
Exclamation ...just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i now boycott wall street because they stole taxpayer money.

i believe in boycotts fundamentally because i don't think bad behavior should ever be rewarded!

i don't boycott walmart because they are a large american employer and they also sell many american products.

i also think that people should buy locally when they can to help support their own neighborhoods.
Was this written as a joke or are you serious?

Old 08-23-2009, 10:48 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,864,256 times
I try avoid being a self-defeater. I don't boycott, I compare and get whatever I get is the best value for MY money. If I find comparable value, however, it will play against likes of Walmart (prefer Target and/or Farmer's Market for food anyway), Home Depot etc. And now, add Whole Foods to the list (I prefer Central Market over it to begin with, and a half dozen other stores where I can get basically the same stuff).

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Was this written as a joke or are you serious?
I will bet she is.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:52 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,087,593 times
I have boycotted AARP since I turned 51, about 7 years ago. Now they just tick me off because they flood me with snail mail. I don't open your mail AARP. After 7 years, you should have gotten the message. Save some trees!

I will boycott any company/corporation that is contracting with the government to create the National Healthcare Database.

If you are a company who cowered to ColorofChange/MoveOn.org and pulled your ads from Glenn Beck, I'm not buying your stuff. You have the choice to do what you do and so do I. That doesn't include you Progressive Insurance. I was never buying what you're selling.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,619,694 times
I boycott the big commercial banks and only use credit unions.
I boycott foreign goods as much as I can.
I boycott big box stores and shop local when I can.

But, it's getting harder and harder to avoid foreign and big corporate chains as the mom and pops close up due to the economy and price wars with the big box.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:55 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,317,517 times
I've been boycotting Liberals since 1978.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:58 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,577,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I have boycotted AARP since I turned 51, about 7 years ago. Now they just tick me off because they flood me with snail mail. I don't open your mail AARP. After 7 years, you should have gotten the message. Save some trees!

I will boycott any company/corporation that is contracting with the government to create the National Healthcare Database.

If you are a company who cowered to ColorofChange/MoveOn.org and pulled your ads from Glenn Beck, I'm not buying your stuff. You have the choice to do what you do and so do I. That doesn't include you Progressive Insurance. I was never buying what you're selling.
Keep their return envelope and fill it with your junk mail (after removing your mailing address) and send it back to them.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:00 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,389,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Forgot about that comment.... I shop at OSH anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies