Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:18 AM

3,109 posts, read 9,836,023 times

Advertisements

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » A United States Marine Goes to a Town Hall Meeting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 09:05 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Homerun

He kept his oath. What an awesome question at the end. Do you ever plan to keep yours

Old 08-24-2009, 09:12 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Okay, so he makes his speech and doesnt stick around for the reply?

Grandstanding without any substance and without offering an alternative. He has a bright future as a GOP politician.

46 Million Americans have no health care. I guess the solution by the right is to let them rot? They should just keep it real and admit it.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:14 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Grandstanding without any substance and without offering an alternative. He has a bright future as a GOP politician.

46 Million Americans have no health care. I guess the solution by the right is to let them rot? They should just keep it real and admit it.

the video ended, how do you know he didn't stick around? Is there another video?

I don't recall this man speaking of health care? Although that is what the town hall meeting was called for.....

I like you have heard, no HCR, no HCR...but not hearing other options, still waiting.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:

The bolded statement is a flat out Liberal Democrat Lie.

#1) 46 million Americans is and unsubstantiated number

#2) Everyone has access to Healthcare or Healthcare insurance. It is a question of affordability.

So quit with your Democratic talking point Lies, you look just as bad as the Death Panel shouters.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
The bolded statement is a flat out Liberal Democrat Lie.

#1) 46 million Americans is and unsubstantiated number

#2) Everyone has access to Healthcare or Healthcare insurance. It is a question of affordability.
Oh my bad, What I meant to say is that 46 Million Americans can't afford health care.

Feel better now?

Quote:
So quit with your Democratic talking point Lies, you look just as bad as the Death Panel shouters.
Is this man your cousin or something? Is that why you are vociferously defending him? I wonder?

Why not tone down your crazed cultlike fingerpointing and tell me what the solution is????

Old 08-24-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
the video ended, how do you know he didn't stick around? Is there another video?
Oh right--the person posting this vid wasnt interested in the answer.

Not a surprise.

Quote:
I don't recall this man speaking of health care?
The proud marine brough it up.

Quote:
I like you have heard, no HCR, no HCR...but not hearing other options, still waiting.
Me too.

Give us an alternative--not flame fanning.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:25 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Somewhere there is a Marine vet, who can't afford health insurance too.
Unfortunately, we never him from them.

I was in the Navy (Officer 6 years), my mother pays 600.00 a month splitting payment with her employer who won't put her on the companies plan because it will raise everyone's premiums too high. 600.00 a month which will almost double when she turns 60.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:31 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Oh my bad, What I meant to say is that 46 Million Americans can't afford health care.

Feel better now?

Is this man your cousin or something? Is that why you are vociferously defending him? I wonder?

Why not tone down your crazed cultlike fingerpointing and tell me what the solution is????
Again, incorrect - 46 million Americans is the estimate of people on in the country without insurance. Subtract illegals and people that CHOOSE to go without insurance, and the number is closer to 15 million Amiercans that can't afford healthcare.

For the record, I would defend this man because he has defended me.

Solutions: start with tort reform, no free care for illegals, and the ability to go across state lines for insurance coverage, and you have a start of the solution.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Somewhere there is a Marine vet, who can't afford health insurance too.
Unfortunately, we never him from them.
A good percentage of the homeless I see wear those desert storm military jackets Its really disturbing.

Quote:
I was in the Navy (Officer 6 years), my mother pays 600.00 a month splitting payment with her employer who won't put her on the companies plan because it will raise everyone's premiums too high. 600.00 a month which will almost double when she turns 60.
I am so sad to hear that.

Well Republicans--what is your solution????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies