Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:32 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,171,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
By serving and surviving in the deadliest war to ever face this earth. That is how. I did not say he was anyone's hero but my own. Anyone that served and survived that war is a hero in my book.
Oh I see you suffer from Army envy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 07:33 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times
Quote:
No offense to anyone here, but if this Hero of WWII wanted to take a **** on the white house lawn, he should be allowed. No where does it state that he wants to kill the president.
Anyone taking a shyt on the white house lawn will be arrested as should be the case for this one time "hero"..

Quote:
If he intends to kill the president, then the Secret Service is well within their right to use deadly force. I however think this gentleman was vocalizing his displeasure by selling "wolf tickets". As a WWII vet, he has earned the right to call it as he sees it in my honest opinion. The man served in the most deadly war to be waged on this earth and survived. In my opinion he has earned a little latitude.
^^^^ is a clear example of the often used "patriotism card".

The Secret Service investigates all the threats regarding the President and this loon should be no different. A real hero wouldn't be selling "wolf tickets" about doing harm to the Commander and Chief. Once you intimate harming the President, you lose your "hero" status and earn "loon" status.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:35 PM

974 posts, read 1,588,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Oh I see you suffer from Army envy.

Sure I do. Wait are you saying you know me and what I have done in my life? Well I would like to borrow your crystal ball and see if my Cowboys win the Superbowl this year. Please do not pretend to know myself or what I have done.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Most likely because right-wing pundits have done an effective job of disseminating propoganda thereby legitimizing possible violence (and death - if someone gets shot) as a "protest tool."

Can you imagine gun-toting protestors being allowed in ANY event that ANY president in the past has been at? Or gut-toting protestors in a heated debate with a crowd of innocent people? Now, all of a sudden, it's "cool" and "constitutional" to be armed and dangerous, and of course, insane.
I swear to God that if Jeffrey Dahmers had threatened the President these people would have called him a hero.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Anyone taking a shyt on the white house lawn will be arrested as should be the case for this one time "hero"..

^^^^ is a clear example of the often used "patriotism card".

The Secret Service investigates all the threats regarding the President and this loon should be no different. A real hero wouldn't be selling "wolf tickets" about doing harm to the Commander and Chief. Once you intimate harming the President, you lose your "hero" status and earn "loon" status.

As stated in another of my posts. I have seen no threats against the president. Only a man making a statement about taking a gun to Washington. Which could be taken as marching on Washington to overthrow the government. However it could also be interpreted to mean he wants to kill the president. I however do not believe that to be the case.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:39 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,112,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I think you can infer his intent by the context of his statement. If he should take a gun to Washington and attempt to get anywhere near the president, his WWII hero status will mean absolutely nothing to the Secret Service. They will take him down by any means necessary, as is their job.
You guys are acting as if they are the Nazi SS or something. They are human beings, not robots and as such they are not stupid. They have hopes and dreams just like all of us and I don't think they would throw it away for Barry the Fool.

Im actually interested in seeing how tough of a defense they would actually put up if push came to shove, if say a revolt or even a military coup took place. My guess is that they give up even quicker then the Royal Danish Army did in 1940 - they lasted just 2 hours against the Germans before they surrendered (the all time record for the most pathetic defense).

Old 08-25-2009, 07:42 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,387,173 times
Quote:
As stated in another of my posts. I have seen no threats against the president. Only a man making a statement about taking a gun to Washington. Which could be taken as marching on Washington to overthrow the government. However it could also be interpreted to mean he wants to kill the president. I however do not believe that to be the case.
I'm thinking that Grassley should've asked for a clarification or make clear that any threat, even veiled, is absolutely wrong.

Do you think that Grassley erred by just letting the comment slide?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
I'm thinking that Grassley should've asked for a clarification or make clear that any threat, even veiled, is absolutely wrong.

Do you think that Grassley erred by just letting the comment slide?

I do. I think he should have asked the gentleman to clarify his meaning. If found to be a threat, even a veiled one, the man should be prosecuted. However, it should have been at the discretion of his peers to decide if it was a threat or a metaphor. Personally I do not trust government for that. I think they would have crucified him without and explanation.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Sure I do. Wait are you saying you know me and what I have done in my life? Well I would like to borrow your crystal ball and see if my Cowboys win the Superbowl this year. Please do not pretend to know myself or what I have done.
Ahh must be another one of your heros.

Holocaust Museum Shooting In Washington D.C.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Ahh must be another one of your heros.

Holocaust Museum Shooting In Washington D.C.

Wow, your crystal ball must be flickering. I have no love for murderer's or anti-Semites. That is why WWII vets are my heroes. They stood up for people and waged a war against the evilest human to walk the planet in my honest opinion. Please quit trying to lump me in with insane kill the president loons. Nowhere does it say that the vet stated he wanted to shoot the president. You are not a top, please stop the spinning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies