Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 04:59 PM

272 posts, read 295,569 times

Advertisements

did he go on to say how he was going to do that. I want health care like he has. Don't you? I think we all do. And paid for like his it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 07:28 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Amazing how you guys cherry pick which comments to post and which to ignore. Right after the guy asked why did McCain have better health care insurance, McCain responded, I'm trying to get you the same coverage.

Oh, can't include that, that would show that a Republican actually is trying to make things better! <GASP!!!>
Yes and that's after Thinkprogress.org did it's share of editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Ok, this line both cracked me up and ticked me off...

Quote:
Last night, McCain told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that America just “is not ready” for quality “government-run health care.”

It reminded me of during the election, when people would ask me if I really thought the country was "ready for a black president," and I would ask them what they thought we still needed to do to prepare ourselves for such an event.

It was utterly absurd then, and it's utterly absurd now. We're not "ready" for government-run health care*? So what must we do to prepare for it, John? How do we "ready" ourselves to improve our access to more competitive options? How do we "ready" ourselves for the shock we'll surely go into when we are no longer denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition? Should we all "work out" in preparation? Take a First Aid class? Put on a pretty dress and do our hair and makeup? What? What will "ready" us, John?

Quit being absurd, ya moron.

*Even more absurd since that's not what's being proposed!!!
Jill61 quoted Thinkprogress.org's interpretation of what McCain said on Hannity's show rather than McCain's actual unedited comment which was in response to Hannity's question:

HANNITY: Senator, your running mate, Governor Sarah Palin, came out with a very hard-hitting posting on Facebook, which I agreed with especially in light of what we've seen in Great Britain and Canada and elsewhere.

And then we had the Obama administration that brought back this book that the Bush administration had gotten rid of, "Your Life, Your Choices." They go through a series of scenarios with veterans at VA hospitals and nursing homes, which basically says, well, you know, you don't want to be a burden to society, to your family.

Is that the kind of death panel that maybe people were afraid of when they read pages 425 to 430 of the House bill?

To which McCain replied:

MCCAIN: Yes, but I think they're also concerned because they're well read, they're well informed, they're knowledgeable. They know what's happening in other countries where basically there is a rationing of health care particularly when people reach a certain age as to what kind of treatment they can and if they can get it.

The incredible delays in acquiring that kind of care, so I think it's and not just that, I think it's the example of government-run health care in other countries which is not — America is not ready for that.

Look at the hack job they did.....the part in highlighted in red bold, they quoted him on but, only as phrases and in the reverse order in which they were spoken. The two words I highlighted in blue bold italic, he actually did say and they used them but, they didn't quote him because, he didn't use them in the order they did. The the other two words they used "for quality", were entirely theirs and they just added them in where ever they needed to, so that it appeared that McCain said what THEY wanted to hear him say.

I'm an independent and dead center.....if I were liberal and only got my news from the liberal media (and trusted them to report to me what happened on FOX....their competitor), I would have never gone to FOX's website to see if I could find what McCain actually said on Hannity's show. Until you hear/read what the other side has to say with your own ears/eyes and compare the two, you'll never know the real story because, they all mislead. They don't lie like so many claim....they omit so that the reader/listener is forced to make assumptions and draw conclusions from them that are inaccurate but, exactly what they want you to think and all without having to lie. You can get caught lying.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:31 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,436,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post

Jill61 quoted Thinkprogress.org's interpretation of what McCain said on Hannity's show rather than McCain's actual unedited comment which was in response to Hannity's question
Dude, take a breath. First of all, the author didn't put "quality" inside the quotes, so it's completely obvious to anyone with a brain that they did not imply that that word was McCain's.

Secondly, notice that I didn't include the word 'quality' in my response to what McCain actually said. The only thing I rebutted were his actual words. See, I'll show you again. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61

It was utterly absurd then, and it's utterly absurd now. We're not "ready" for government-run health care*? So what must we do to prepare for it, John? . . .
Note the distinct LACK of the word 'quality' in there.

Now go have a cookie and calm the heck down.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:35 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,689,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Amazing how you guys cherry pick which comments to post and which to ignore. Right after the guy asked why did McCain have better health care insurance, McCain responded, I'm trying to get you the same coverage.

Oh, can't include that, that would show that a Republican actually is trying to make things better! <GASP!!!>
Then she was thrown out of the meeting

Old 08-27-2009, 08:38 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post

Jill61 quoted Thinkprogress.org's interpretation of what McCain said on Hannity's show rather than McCain's actual unedited comment which was in response to Hannity's question:

HANNITY: Senator, your running mate, Governor Sarah Palin, came out with a very hard-hitting posting on Facebook, which I agreed with especially in light of what we've seen in Great Britain and Canada and elsewhere.

And then we had the Obama administration that brought back this book that the Bush administration had gotten rid of, "Your Life, Your Choices." They go through a series of scenarios with veterans at VA hospitals and nursing homes, which basically says, well, you know, you don't want to be a burden to society, to your family.

Is that the kind of death panel that maybe people were afraid of when they read pages 425 to 430 of the House bill?

To which McCain replied:

MCCAIN: Yes, but I think they're also concerned because they're well read, they're well informed, they're knowledgeable. They know what's happening in other countries where basically there is a rationing of health care particularly when people reach a certain age as to what kind of treatment they can and if they can get it.

The incredible delays in acquiring that kind of care, so I think it's and not just that, I think it's the example of government-run health care in other countries which is not — America is not ready for that.

Look at the hack job they did.....the part in highlighted in red bold, they quoted him on but, only as phrases and in the reverse order in which they were spoken. The two words I highlighted in blue bold italic, he actually did say and they used them but, they didn't quote him because, he didn't use them in the order they did. The the other two words they used "for quality", were entirely theirs and they just added them in where ever they needed to, so that it appeared that McCain said what THEY wanted to hear him say.

I'm an independent and dead center.....if I were liberal and only got my news from the liberal media (and trusted them to report to me what happened on FOX....their competitor), I would have never gone to FOX's website to see if I could find what McCain actually said on Hannity's show. Until you hear/read what the other side has to say with your own ears/eyes and compare the two, you'll never know the real story because, they all mislead. They don't lie like so many claim....they omit so that the reader/listener is forced to make assumptions and draw conclusions from them that are inaccurate but, exactly what they want you to think and all without having to lie. You can get caught lying.
nice

Old 08-27-2009, 08:40 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,423,414 times
I don't know to me that fact she was thrown out of the meeting is the same as Tim Bishop holding "closed door" town hall meetings because he didn't want to deal with dissenters.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
I doubt you will find ANY in congress willing to give up their gold-plated, tax-payer funded HC and enroll in obamacare.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:27 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canear View Post
did he go on to say how he was going to do that. I want health care like he has. Don't you? I think we all do. And paid for like his it.
As has been noted above, more than once, then acquire the skills required for a good paying job with health benefits or vote for UHC.

Talk about entitlement.
Are you for or against UHC?
Do you have skills or just want benefits without working for them?
Want some cheese with that whine?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Do you have the education you need to get a decent job.
Government work isn't welfare.
Aren't you guys against welfare?

Why not support single payer/UHC?

My BC/BS insurance paid $4 of my broken foot.
I pay most of my fees out of pocket, with government insurance.

If people aren't supporting UHC, they're supporting the status-quo.
If that's the case, please just shut up.
I paid 300.00 out of pocket for ACL replacment surgery. ( Total) begining to end.
And no I dont have your degrees. But if you use Bounty Paper towels???

Old 08-27-2009, 11:35 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I paid 300.00 out of pocket for ACL replacment surgery. ( Total) begining to end.
And no I dont have your degrees. But if you use Bounty Paper towels???
First of all, were you one of the whiners I was responding to?
Might want to really look at posts before you respond.
The posters were complaining about government health care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies