Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 06:54 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,792,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And this is how they make that profit:
Froma Harrop: Private insurers’ death panels | Columnists | projo.com | The Providence Journal

Maybe the poor struggling insurance companies that you feel so sorry for would have a bigger margin if executive wages weren't so ridiculous....
Tried to rep you.

They make those huge profits somehow: denying care.

Even a doctor that used to work for an insurance company said she got to a bonus depending on a certain percentage of denying people care. The more you deny claims, the more money you make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 01:40 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
But do you get free leased cars, free haircuts, free postage stamps ?? etc. etc. etc.
Not that I know of, but I've had a knife in my back a few times.
What does that have to do with health care?
Seriously, can't you try to stick to a topic in one thread?
Sheesh.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:05 PM

I wasn't putting anyone off, I happened to be camping in the Alps this past weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canear View Post
Chielgirl,

You are rather rude with your snide remarks and act like an arrogant know it all. I am educated. Have a BS degree. I own a business. I pay for my own insurance for the last 30 years. As my cost goes up my benefits go down as insurance profits go up. Not everyone can work for the gov't not everyone has a job that provides healthcare. Let me remind you of some of the jobs that are hard working jobs that do not provide health care, your day care provider, your pre-school teacher, your hairdresser, your deli worker, your dental assistant, your plumber, your electricain, your home builder. If we all strived for gov't jobs and these so called better jobs where would you get your hair done, where would you leave your children, who will do your home repairs. Of course everyone could raise their rates and you can help us pay for our health care. I don't think most people are looking for a free hand. I think they don't want to worry about the problems that comes with private insurance, affordability, and coverage when needed. If private insurance companies wanted to do it they would of done it by now. Instead the rates just go up as coverage goes down leaving people bankrupt or fearful of what will be covered.

My remark previously in we all want health care like his ..... and his response of that is what he is trying to do..... was meant that republicans haven't come up with a plan that will solve the problem.... affordability and coverage for all. If you think the insurance companies will... your the foolish one privately owned means it is all about how much they can make. :Health "care" and making a "profit" are two entirely different goals a contradiction and quite frankly I don't want someone who is looking at how much money they are going to make deciding if I am going to get treatment or not.

We can have different opinions in how it is accomplished but keep your snide remarks to yourself.
The point I was making, though you chose to misread it, was that people complain about what others have without making the effort to do it themselves.
They complain about government employees as lazy, not providing value, needing to all be fired, etc.
Government is bare bones as it is; inherently government functions have been contracted out to companies like Blackwater.

The same people whine about UHC that would cover everyone because "they're trying to take something from me."
They can't have it both ways.

You obviously haven't read any of my other posts. I've always supported UHC, from the 1990s and before.
Private insurance companies are "for profit" companies, they don't care about you and your health at all.
If you don't like the insurance options you have, a viable solution is being presented yet it's being fought tooth and nail by those who would most benefit from it.

When government employees were making 60 cents on the dollar from private industry, no one wanted tow work for the government.
You don't think government employees get less bang for the buck on insurance?
We don't get free insurance, not a GS-1, not a member of Congress.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
if everybody worked for the government, how would the government get any money for any program?
Don't you think government employees pay taxes?
Government employees are at the local, city, state and federal level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
That is an incredibly stupid thing to say. So, what, every person who doesn't have adequate health insurance - or any at all - should go get a government job? is that your answer? please.
Again, the point was quit whining about what anyone or everyone else has and either get a job that provides you with what you want or go for UHC.
Government employees are derided for everything they do, don't do.
They pay for insurance, and probably more than a lot of Fortune 500 companies.

An option has been proposed, it would provide insurance for everyone who cannot get insurance by way of an employer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Why is it so difficult for some people to understand that with a UHC every Senator, Congressman, President Govt. Worker and every Citizen will have and be able to use the Health Service. If the Senator also wants to get Private healthcare or any job or any Citizen also wants to provide or get Private Healthcare they can and no one will stop them. This happens in the UK. The politicians get Private Health Cover as part of their job...no one cares or complains about it, this is their choice and and part of their pay package. This is the "Freedom" that Americans hold so dearly, the right to choose and the right of EVERY citizen to be able to recieve Health Care. Both co-existing side by side in a perfect union for the benefit of ALL.
And I've posted the Federal Employees Health Benefits link before, but here it is again: Insurance Programs

Everyone who receives federal services pays a portion; this includes your Senator and Congresscritter.
No one gets free health benefits from the government.
There is not one health insurance that covers every federal employee, they choose and pay for the plan that is best for them.

________
And Donna, have you applied with state and federal agencies? Or are you making assumptions that they wouldn't hire you?
When I was unemployed, in better times than these and with degrees, I still submitted hundreds of applications before getting hired.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:26 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
ObamaScare has been asked the same question and of course he punts and does not answer the question.

But--- during the campaign he said he wants all Americans to have the same insurance as congress does. So did he lie once again?

Then he is making sure his and congress insurance is not the same as he is trying to pitch to us.

Damn, does this guy every tell the truth about anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies