Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 PM

65 posts, read 142,931 times

Advertisements

This couldn't have been allowed to happen without state representatives at least being aware of it. I plan to email each and every one of my state reps and tell them they will be voted out in the next election! I do not understand how any of them could have thought that "we the people" would just bend over for this! This is garbage!

I'm not a democrat or a republican. I'm a registered Independent. I however did not vote in the last election because I liked neither Obama nor McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 10:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
I'm not sure I understand...are they flying the flag in the lawn? Isn't this done during State visits?

If they are flying the flag of the PRC over the White House, then that's a problem.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:41 PM

512 posts, read 861,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I'm not sure I understand...are they flying the flag in the lawn? Isn't this done during State visits?

If they are flying the flag of the PRC over the White House, then that's a problem.
Flags of the visiting country are attached to lampposts throught the city, not the White House. But even so, this isn't a visit, state or no. It's a celebration of the founding of PRC.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:45 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Is this for real?

I thought I would have to wait into my 30s to see a moment as this one

Old 09-03-2009, 10:50 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
They DO own us and all. It's the least we could do.
Without firing a fricken shot.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:02 AM

Some folks here (http://www.jbs.org/jbs-news-feed/5302 - broken link) are talking about a rally of Americans on the white house lawn Sept. 20, carrying American Flags and singing the National Anthem as loudly as they possibly can to drown out the Chinese and Obama when he and they begin to salute the Chinese flag and sing the Chinese national anthem.

They're asking people to spread the word.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:08 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Zhao said the performances will demonstrate the friendship, magnanimous spirit and kindness of modern Chinese people.

The nerve! Damn peace and love commie hippies!

Old 09-04-2009, 01:49 AM

Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to words instead of a URL? I'd think something more appropriate like Chinese flag flies over White House would probably get more people's attention.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:11 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoT View Post
OMG! Really? Why would we allow any other country's flag to fly on any part of our capitol's property?

China's national flag to go up in White House on Sept 20 (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009-07/13/content_8422505.htm - broken link)
Probably because after all the money we borrowed to pi** away in Iraq, China now OWNS the White House, and most of the East Coast to boot.

There may have been a reason Bush ran the war off the books when he prepared the budget every year.

Speaking of Bush - I wonder what he will have to say about this? He's been in hiding long enough since January. America needs some answers.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:28 AM

This business with the Chinese flag didn't happen on Bush's watch. Obama is in office and the permit was approved by the Obama administration. Sorry, this one can't be laid in Bush's lap. The Iraq war, sure, that can be laid in his lap. That was (and still is) a useless fight and IMO it was over oil. I don't for one minute believe there were ever any weapons of mass destruction that had been discovered.

If there were, don't you think that after we've bombed the city to rubble that it would have been easy to find such weapons? To this date, ZERO have been found. All those American and Iraqi lives lost for oil. It's disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies