Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 04:39 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
When the government is one of those options. Insurance companies will not be able to compete with an entity that has a bottomless pit of financial resources.
Read the bill. After a ten-year loan to cover start-up costs, there is NO PUBLIC SUPPORT for the public option at all. It is to compete in the marketplace on the same basis as private sector insurers. Why is the private sector so afraid of competition from the public sector?

Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Read the bill. After a ten-year loan to cover start-up costs, there is NO PUBLIC SUPPORT for the public option at all. It is to compete in the marketplace on the same basis as private sector insurers. Why is the private sector so afraid of competition from the public sector?

Just got off the phone with our democratic senator's office a few hours ago. A little time bomb (not a literal bomb, a figurative politcal bomb) is ticking in the current governmental health care system. I hope that they can fix it within about 30 days or the public option will go KABOOM! Let's be patient and see how it is handled. It might be fun and gold stars may be awarded by the leader to the democrats that help recitfy it.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:58 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
While we wait, you should have time to read the bill.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:59 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
While we wait, you should have time to read the bill.
Well my marxist friend, you should be happy that I told the democratic senator about this, rather than our republican senator. The reason? To help out friends. Don't get me riled, or I will call up Chuck Grassley and your health care bill will be dead in two weeks. It is really some good stuff that shows why government run healthcare will not work. We already know that, however, this shows what we are in for and would scare the living crap out of the public. Since I am a nice guy, I gave the dems a chance to rectify it. Otherwise we go to the republicans and let them sink the health care boat. It will be entertaining one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies