Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 05:59 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

Liberals spew hate... On the defensive much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 06:14 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Even with substantiated reports, there are some so desperate they will put up the most pathetic lame excuses to discredit the event.
Well I'm sure YOU know this old saying all too well....and use it to your advantage:

" If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS."

Old 09-13-2009, 06:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Well I'm sure know this old saying all too well:

" If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS."
Except your dishonest attempts to pass off incredible photos doesn't pass the smell test.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Liberals spew hate... On the defensive much?
Um, didn't you post this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
They'd rather let liberals put themselves in a corner and spew the hate they're so well known for. Then the numbers will come out... Mean while keep up what you're doing. You're helping the cause...

Old 09-13-2009, 07:59 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
So that poster was a liberal?

If so then why on this earth would anyone anywhere think he's accounts are credible. I thought by that poster trying to explain that he was at the rally he was trying to claim a more centrist POV...

I could've be wrong...

Old 09-13-2009, 08:40 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Quote:
I see odanny has filched the pic from robbo, that is clearly early in the day, before the crowd arrived.

Comparing this event to an inauguration is really scraping the bottom of the "whine" barrel.
That's not my photo, someone else posted it and I posted it enlarged when you claimed you couldn't see those white tents in the background. At that time you continued to deny the photo was taken on 9/12, even after I posted my photo of the white tent from the opposite angle. Now you at least acknowledge it was taken on 9/12.

My photos and my drive through were from 1pm to 1:20pm. And that photo corroborates what I saw. By 1pm the crowd was assembled on the Capitol lawn, some of the crowd were leaving, and the Mall did not have crowds on it.

Why do you persist in claiming the Mall had crowds on it? There was a big crowd on the Capitol lawn - why do you feel the need to enhance it? The crowd did not go beyond 3rd St. Everyone else can look at Google maps to see how far that is away from the Capitol.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:44 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
I love this shot!

Old 09-13-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
My photos and my drive through were from 1pm to 1:20pm. And that photo corroborates what I saw. By 1pm the crowd was assembled on the Capitol lawn, some of the crowd were leaving, and the Mall did not have crowds on it.
Complete hogwash. You know why? There is CSpan video, aired live at the scene, that refutes your claims.

You "drove through"? Right up to the crowd?

Old 09-13-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Why do you persist in claiming the Mall had crowds on it? There was a big crowd on the Capitol lawn - why do you feel the need to enhance it? The crowd did not go beyond 3rd St. Everyone else can look at Google maps to see how far that is away from the Capitol.
Because the Cspan video clearly shows people on the mall and on the sides of the mall, the pics show the same and the report from various news organization, NYT and WaPo, reported the crowd spilled onto the mall and third street.

But of course, we should believe you, who just drove by and has no agenda, whatsoever.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:54 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Quote:
Complete hogwash. You know why? There is CSpan video, aired live at the scene, that refutes your claims.

You "drove through"? Right up to the crowd?
You read it before. I drove down Constitution to where it meets Pennsylvania, continued on Pennsylvania until it was blocked at 3rd, I could have turned right on 4th but there was a line of about 4 cars waiting, so I went to the left lane, turned back on Constitution, went up Capitol Hill alongside the Capitol. All streets were open to traffic, including Pennsylvania.

Do you not comprehend how a march works? The people assembled at Freedom Plaza at Penn and 14th, marched down to the Capitol in the morning, and by the time I got there at 1, they already were congregated at the Capitol. They were no longer marching at 1.

Approaching Pennsylvania Ave

Making the turn onto Constitution from Pennsylvania, see people crossing behind me in my mirror

Heading up Capitol Hill on Constitution, Capitol lawn in sight, crowds in distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies