Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 08:40 AM

124 posts, read 271,231 times

Advertisements

That's what I said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 08:44 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,517,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Joe Wilson called out a liar. I'm glad we have someone that's willing to stand up and call a spade a spade.
Yes, he's a real "All American" hero

Old 09-14-2009, 08:45 AM

38 posts, read 51,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Um...yeah, Kanye has never gotten a free pass....at least not from me. He's a jerk & most people know that. The fact that the OP is trying to make this a black/white thing is pretty pathetic...we already know how he is, so why make it anymore than what he wants...which is.,...PRESS.
can you please please please show where the OP tried to make this about race? why would you even make that up. he mentioned absolutely nothing about race. you brought that on yourself.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:45 AM

914 posts, read 1,808,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
It looked rehearsed to me, They could of killed the mic, but they didn't, they could of cut to commercial , but they didn't, they didn't have to let him on the stage , but they did.

Good call. Just like the Eminem stunt last year. Who posted a thread on that one??!!?!?!??!?!!?

Old 09-14-2009, 08:48 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,517,440 times
Kanye West is an a$$. Has been that way for a while now. Not surprised that he behaved in such a manner. Pathetic and disgusting yes, but many entertainers tend to leave decorum at the door. As for the original poster's use of the word "racist" in the subject title, give me a break. Race had nothing to do with it, just that the people in question here are black and white. So what, a boor is a boor.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:48 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,837,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaynh View Post
can you please please please show where the OP tried to make this about race? why would you even make that up. he mentioned absolutely nothing about race. you brought that on yourself.
see post #151

Old 09-14-2009, 08:51 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,814,781 times
Thumbs down MTV presentator English D-BAG had to get politics in!

I saw this morning the kanye West low thing and felt sorry for Taylor Swift.

Having said that I switched channels after I heard the English D-Bag making statements that right now people are dying the streets over here while in Europe they have United health care and he was making remarks how happy he was that "his' guy obama was the president and now he wouldn't have to bash Bush.

A MTV show should be about music and awards and happy people...first of all why does an English man has to be the presentator of the American version?

We have great talent over here, second this man has proven to behave the way he does...is it so strange that kanye start doing what he always have done in toher award shows if the management of the MTV's let all this happen.

To me MTV has a huge part of blame of everything that happens in their show!

All MTV wants is stuff like this because that is the only way they get more attention! And maybe stupid me is giving them even more time than they should have.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:56 AM

13,669 posts, read 20,809,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Kanye West is an a$$. Has been that way for a while now. Not surprised that he behaved in such a manner. Pathetic and disgusting yes, but many entertainers tend to leave decorum at the door. As for the original poster's use of the word "racist" in the subject title, give me a break. Race had nothing to do with it, just that the people in question here are black and white. So what, a boor is a boor.
Says it all.

The man is a an obnoxios jerk. And what is really embarrasing is that he makes loud statements that are idiotic as can be. And seemingly none of his peers call him on it.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:59 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,558,947 times
I'm also guessing you were in favor of banning the Dixie Chicks for a completely honest and truthful comment that they made in England

Old 09-14-2009, 09:14 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,814,781 times
Yes...every remark in any award show that hasn't to do with what the awards are for shouldn't be addressed.

Showbizz should stay out of politics or if they want to make a remark do it in their own time outside of the award show...

I always was a huge barbra Streisand fan until she started to make political remarks on stage...I want to hear her sing, not stating her political views...if she wants she needs to do that another time but not when people buy tickets to hear her sing or she should be honest and give notice she is going to have a concert which incl. political issues...so we can either stay away or don't listen when it will be broadcast or do watch if we are interested!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies