Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 11:25 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,936,807 times

Advertisements

people should boycott his music then. i think his behavior was pathetic, with a grown man trying to bully a young girl in her moment of glory. he was entirely inappropriate! good for beyonce for being a class act about the whole thing!

you should add a poll to see if americans think his behavior was inappropriate or not. i am guessing that most americans thought that was lame of him.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 11:26 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,204,077 times
I'm glad I'm old enough to remember classy artists at music awards show such as Bacharach/Warwick, Carpenters, Charlie Pride, Peggy Lee, etc.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:31 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,535,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
He owns his own label. He doesn't really have to answer to anybody besides Universal. They only distribute him though, nothing else.

I'd also like to repeat that I'm not defending what he did. See my previous posts.

while he may own his own label he is not self-sustaining. No backing, no fans.
No fans, no more of his trash. No support and no encouragement, then he will quickly fade away.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:34 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,619,780 times
Kanye West don't like white people.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:51 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,901,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Kanye West don't like white people.

LMAO, Surprised it took so long for this to be posted.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:06 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,619,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
LMAO, Surprised it took so long for this to be posted.
I would also like to add that Kanye West is a gay fish.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:13 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,427,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I would also like to add that Kanye West is a gay fish.

What does a happy fish look like? I'm confused

Kanye West looked like a adolesent child, and obviously has no manners. I'm sure his mother is real proud of a man who would jump up on stage and snatch a microphone from a young lady.

If he had a problem with the winner, he should have voiced his opinion outside, after the awards show. I'm sure plenty of news outlets would have been happy to show his disdain for the process.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:19 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,242,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I saw this morning the kanye West low thing and felt sorry for Taylor Swift.

Having said that I switched channels after I heard the English D-Bag making statements that right now people are dying the streets over here while in Europe they have United health care and he was making remarks how happy he was that "his' guy obama was the president and now he wouldn't have to bash Bush.

A MTV show should be about music and awards and happy people...first of all why does an English man has to be the presentator of the American version?

We have great talent over here, second this man has proven to behave the way he does...is it so strange that kanye start doing what he always have done in toher award shows if the management of the MTV's let all this happen.

To me MTV has a huge part of blame of everything that happens in their show!

All MTV wants is stuff like this because that is the only way they get more attention! And maybe stupid me is giving them even more time than they should have.

So Russel Brand is an "English dirt bag" because he has a difference of opion politically than yours? If he was clean cut and putting down Obama would you have created the same post? Bet not.
Why does his being English and hosting an American awards show bother you? You have posted yourself numerous times that you are from a country other than the U.S., yet you feel the need to "contribute" to an American political forum, over and over and over again.
Art and politics are and will always be joined at the hip. Ever hear of a guy named Bob Dylan?
FWIW, I agree with most everyone, MTV is unwatchable. Funny, a network that hosts an awards show for music videos does not even show them.

Last edited by dookieboy; 09-14-2009 at 01:02 PM..

Old 09-14-2009, 12:24 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,678,519 times
you watch MTV?

why am i not suprised...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I saw this morning the kanye West low thing and felt sorry for Taylor Swift.

Having said that I switched channels after I heard the English D-Bag making statements that right now people are dying the streets over here while in Europe they have United health care and he was making remarks how happy he was that "his' guy obama was the president and now he wouldn't have to bash Bush.

A MTV show should be about music and awards and happy people...first of all why does an English man has to be the presentator of the American version?

We have great talent over here, second this man has proven to behave the way he does...is it so strange that kanye start doing what he always have done in toher award shows if the management of the MTV's let all this happen.

To me MTV has a huge part of blame of everything that happens in their show!

All MTV wants is stuff like this because that is the only way they get more attention! And maybe stupid me is giving them even more time than they should have.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:27 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,065,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm sure his mother is real proud of a man who would jump up on stage and snatch a microphone from a young lady.
His mother is deceased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies