Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,079,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I just watched the video. That is so sad, She was just left standing by herself, speechless. That was so rude. He should have been dragged off the stage and asked to leave the building.
Agreed, and in a rational world, security would tackled him the moment he took the microphone; however, entertainment isn't rational. From a business standpoint, both Taylor Swift and Beyonce have garnered a great deal of positive publicity. (I guarantee while Swift's mother was going postal over her daughter's treatment, a music exec was practically orgasmic over the incident.) Additionally, the VMA's Youtube moment has pretty much secured future advertising revenue. In the world of entertainment, occasional controversy is essential for the show to go on. Sad, isn't it? Money makes the world go round.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 09-14-2009 at 11:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 AM

913 posts, read 1,811,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Don't get the wrong idea though. I'm not saying what he did was justified. I was just pointing out his behavior. He's still annoying most of the time he makes speeches. I just acknowledge that he'll stand up for what he believes in, including the idea that he got an award he didn't deserve.
Thats what i'm saying X 2

Old 09-14-2009, 11:13 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,969,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies
If that was the other way around, and a white guy ripped the mike away from a black girl and said that the award should have went to a white singer, you can guarantee the lefties would be screaming RACISM!!! Fatheads Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be marching, and Lord and Savior Obama would be calling another beer summit.
Sooner or later it was bound to turn into a "if a white" blah, blah, blah,.

The man acted in a bad manner and showed no class. End of story!!

People's motives sometimes come out when they open their big mouths or start writing bullcrap on the internet (ie.Savior Obama)

All of a sudden the President has something to do with this??..Oh,yeah..now I know, he's part of some conspiracy.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:14 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,619,587 times
I don't know if it's true or not because I didn't see the show, but I saw somewhere that when Beyonce won something later, she called Taylor Swift up and let her be recognized. If so, then that's a classy move on her part.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:16 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,558,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
It looked rehearsed to me, They could of killed the mic, but they didn't, they could of cut to commercial , but they didn't, they didn't have to let him on the stage , but they did.

while it very well may have looked rehearsed to you, remember there was a young lady backstage who is 17 YO and was balling her eyes out and it is very doubtful that THAT was rehearsed.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:17 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,192,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I don't know if it's true or not because I didn't see the show, but I saw somewhere that when Beyonce won something later, she called Taylor Swift up and let her be recognized. If so, then that's a classy move on her part.
Yeah, she called her up to the stage, told her she deserved the award, and let her do her acceptance speech over.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:18 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,619,587 times
Quote:
Yeah, she called her up to the stage, told her she deserved the award, and let her do her acceptance speech over.
Good for her. That's a classy way to handle it.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:19 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,959,771 times
Kanye's a loser.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:21 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,558,382 times
Quote:
Apparently, the people on this forum aren't familiar with Kanye's award show behavior. He's done stuff like this several times before.

In his defense though, he isn't biased. He's just vocal about what he believes. He won an award before that he thought Outkast should've won. He actually gave it to Outkast.

He needs to change his behavior. He needs to grow up and learn to be respectful of others. This world does NOT revolve around him and what he *thinks or believes*. The truth of the matter is that many could careless what his POV's are. What he did in giving an award to outkast is NOT commendable.

He needs to be put in check and perhaps if his label dropped him that might be a step in the right direction.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:23 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,192,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
He needs to change his behavior. He needs to grow up and learn to be respectful of others. This world does NOT revolve around him and what he *thinks or believes*. The truth of the matter is that many could careless what his POV's are. What he did in giving an award to outkast is NOT commendable.

He needs to be put in check and perhaps if his label dropped him that might be a step in the right direction.
He owns his own label. He doesn't really have to answer to anybody besides Universal. They only distribute him though, nothing else.

I'd also like to repeat that I'm not defending what he did. See my previous posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies