Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:10 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,106 times

Advertisements

Backlash over light bulb ban continues to build in Europe -- DailyFinance

This is a glimpse of things to come when the consequences of Cap and Trade become a reality. Coming to your home real soon...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 10:11 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,934 times
Nobody I know cares. In fact most people I know think its a good idea

Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 AM

5,477 posts, read 12,248,239 times
These new lightbulbs are crap. That's why I have stocked up on regular light bulbs.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:13 AM

Thats why there is chocolate and vanilla...

Old 09-14-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
These new lightbulbs are crap. That's why I have stocked up on regular light bulbs.
Pretty sad that we are force to corner the market on a product that will be banned form production. Oh by the way, it will be illegal to use them too...they consume way too much electricity and are evil..they must be destryed but you cannot torture them

Old 09-14-2009, 10:18 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Buy them in a higher wattage and choose the ones with a daylight filter - problem solved. Or better yet splash out on some LED ones.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:20 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times
I am stocking up. Those other bulbs can cause migraines in some of us who are sensitive to a strobe effect. I hate them. I deeply resent that I will be forced to buy them. They are also horrible for the environment.

Someone debate with me so I can find the links and dispute all the ill-informed folks out there who have accepted this mandate without researching the bulbs and their effect on humans and the environment.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am stocking up. Those other bulbs can cause migraines in some of us who are sensitive to a strobe effect. I hate them. I deeply resent that I will be forced to buy them. They are also horrible for the environment.

Someone debate with me so I can find the links and dispute all the ill-informed folks out there who have accepted this mandate without researching the bulbs and their effect on humans and the environment.
Good luck with that Ani, they will probably give you some gunk about carbon footprints, and fossil fuel, and Al Gore's scam of making a ton of money off of this garbage..oh thats right, they probably won't talk about Al...will they

Old 09-14-2009, 10:32 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,360,221 times
This reminds me of Albuquerque where the current mayor wants everyone to save water by replacing their inexpensive swamp coolers for expensive refrigerated air conditioning which uses more energy. These politicians seem to mistakenly think that stirring the pot of dissension equals solutions.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:34 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Good luck with that Ani, they will probably give you some gunk about carbon footprints, and fossil fuel, and Al Gore's scam of making a ton of money off of this garbage..oh thats right, they probably won't talk about Al...will they
Yeah, Al figured out how to turn things around and become a wealthy man in the end, LOL! I find it all so amusing. He never held a real job - just a politician all his life and when he lost the white house - he didn't have an advanced degree so not like he had the actual credentials to go into academia. So he figured out a way to create an issue which would then mean a big pay off for his pocketbook. You gotta love it!

I have been into ecology and protecting mother earth since the 60s. But it is totally disingenous to pretend the average citizen can have that much effect on C02 when India and China have thoroughly polluted waterways and are spewing emissions into the atmosphere daily. Good grief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies