Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: To what extent do you support/oppose abortion?
Birth control pills should be illegal 4 3.42%
The morning after pill/Plan B should be illegal 2 1.71%
First trimester abortions should be illegal 17 14.53%
Second trimester abortions should be illegal 19 16.24%
Third trimester abortions should be illegal 25 21.37%
Abortions should always be legal 50 42.74%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 04:27 PM

300 posts, read 430,089 times

Advertisements

I do not support Abortion on Demand.

I was / am a supporter of Arizona's new law (going into effect soon) that will require a waiting period before an abortion can be preformed - and doctors have to give alternatives to the woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 05:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Just curious where y'all are in terms of pro-life vs pro abortion. Choose the option that applies to you.
The so-called "abortion spectrum" that you've provided is incomplete.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWonderWhy1 View Post

I was / am a supporter of Arizona's new law (going into effect soon) that will require a waiting period before an abortion can be preformed - and doctors have to give alternatives to the woman.
So you DO believe that the government should come between a doctor and their patient....?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you DO believe that the government should come between a doctor and their patient....?
I am a Doctor.

And I'll repeat what I said: I oppose Abortions on Demand - and on a personal level, will refuse to perform an abortion on demand.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:22 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
This scenario is ludicrous. I know young women who have been brutalized by fathers, boyfriends, even husbands because they have "inconveniently" become pregnant. I know a couple of women, addicts, who have aborted because of the damage that they had inflicted on their unborn children. Oh, yes, they called them children and they cried. Just because they were addicts did not mean that they were not human or that they did not care.

Really, I don't think that guys get a vote on the abortion issue. It's not your reality; you're just inflicting your opinion on others. Keep it zipped or wrapped and there will be no debate.

OP, the NYC babe? Give me a break. Are you sure that she is not from Atlanta, Charleston, Nashville, Houston or St. Louis?
I was not relating a "scenario" I was relating a true story, if the truth is inconvenient for you, that is your problem, not mine.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Only one man's opinion, what else ya got?
My opinion.

Or are differing opinions illegal, now that the fascists are in charge of Washington DC?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
that is awful, and i apologize for assuming it was a hypothetical situation, but one incident does not mean it's typical.
No it does not.

But that example is chilling. To think that a person could have such a cavalier view on life, that they would actually kill off babies in her womb just because they did not want to move, or go thru the hassle of taking care of them.

At some point, just about all little kids that are the only child, or even just the only girl in a house full of boys, will tell their mommy that they wish they had a sister to play with.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:34 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWonderWhy1 View Post

How long is this waiting period?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
1794, James Madison:

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

Promoting it, not paying for it.

Besides, anyone who knows how to read will actually finish reading Article 1 Section 8 to see specifically what is meant by the terms "common defense" and "general welfare". I love the trolls who take that simple term from the very first sentence completely out of context while ignoring the rest of the Section clarifying the initial statement.
James Madison, what a troll.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
How long is this waiting period?
Here is a synopsis of the new law:

Monday, July 6, Arizona governor Jan Brewer (R) signed into law new restrictions on abortion. HB 2564 creates a 24-hour waiting period for women seeking abortions. In addition, during that women period, the doctors who refer or perform the procedure must counsel the woman in person, informing her of the following information: the name of the performing physician, the nature of the procedure, the medical risks associated with it, the current physiological and anatomical characteristics of the fetus, and the medical risks of a full-term pregnacy. It also establishes specific requirements for informed consent. The law also tightens the restrictions for minors in terms of obtaining parental consent. Minors seeking an abortion in Arizona must have notarized parental consent or must prove to a superior court judge that she is mature and capable of providing informed consent. Changes also include aligning a 1997 Arizona law on so-called "late-term abortions" with current federal law. In addition, the law allows the medical and pharmaceutical professionals to refuse to perform abortions or offer contraception on moral or religious grounds.

http://carnalnation.com/content/1241...ed-law-arizona
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies