Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 05:12 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I have watched these FOX guys on occasion. They seem to pick some little strange "factoid" and repeat it ad nauseum, generally something anti-Dem. They don't outright lie (probably afraid of getting sued), they just distort a lot of stuff. IMO
What......inconvenient "factoids" like the criminal element of ACORN, Obama's past radical connections, the president's lie about illegals and the health care bill, etc... ?????

The repetition probably happens because there is no other outlet reporting the facts, and it is simply unconscionable to give it "one little mention" (which I'm sure that you'd prefer).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 05:14 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
I don't really care for the overt conservative slant of Fox News but I do watch it because I respect the fact they cover real news. CNN and the Networks spent a week covering Ted Kennedy's death. Fox paid tribute to Kennedy the night of his death and the next day; CNN spent a week talking to every third cousing and friend of Ted Kennedy for a week. CNN covered Michael Jackson straight for 2 WEEKS! Seriously, how many times do they need to interview Gautam Chopra and Miko Brando (Marlon Brando's son) on CNN about their interactions with Michael Jackson. It was pathetic. Fox covered it but still had regular news. CNN ONLY covered Michael Jackson for those two weeks. Then CNN only covered the forest fires in California repeating the same information instead of discussing the changest to the Public Option in the healthcare debate.

Although, they can be somewhat unprofessional and juvenile, Fox is at least sincere. Unlike CNN or the Networks, you don't get the feeling they are blowin smoke up you a$#$3. That's why the ratings on Fox are so high because Americans are sick of the People magazine-like reporting of CNN that covers celebrity and pop news excessively. The other thing I love about Fox is they question everyone and every thing and don't take people at their word....even conservatives. It's obvious Fox is opinionated in how they present the news but CNN is as well however they are more subtle about it and will simply ask leading questions to receive a pro-liberal response aka Anderon Cooper and Wolf Blitzer

Old 09-17-2009, 05:14 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
What......inconvenient "factoids" like the criminal element of ACORN, Obama's past radical connections, the president's lie about illegals and the health care bill, etc... ?????

The repetition probably happens because there is no other outlet reporting the facts, and it is simply unconscionable to give it "one little mention" (which I'm sure that you'd prefer).
It's funny because they could hit Obama on things that are important but instead they like to target the demographic that gets riled up on dumb issues like those you mentioned.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:26 PM

507 posts, read 678,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I don't really care for the overt conservative slant of Fox News but I do watch it because I respect the fact they cover real news. CNN and the Networks spent a week covering Ted Kennedy's death. Fox paid tribute to Kennedy the night of his death and the next day; CNN spent a week talking to every third cousing and friend of Ted Kennedy for a week. CNN covered Michael Jackson straight for 2 WEEKS! Seriously, how many times do they need to interview Gautam Chopra and Miko Brando (Marlon Brando's son) on CNN about their interactions with Michael Jackson. It was pathetic. Fox covered it but still had regular news. CNN ONLY covered Michael Jackson for those two weeks. Then CNN only covered the forest fires in California repeating the same information instead of discussing the changest to the Public Option in the healthcare debate.

Although, they can be somewhat unprofessional and juvenile, Fox is at least sincere. Unlike CNN or the Networks, you don't get the feeling they are blowin smoke up you a$#$3. That's why the ratings on Fox are so high because Americans are sick of the People magazine-like reporting of CNN that covers celebrity and pop news excessively. The other thing I love about Fox is they question everyone and every thing and don't take people at their word....even conservatives. It's obvious Fox is opinionated in how they present the news but CNN is as well however they are more subtle about it and will simply ask leading questions to receive a pro-liberal response aka Anderon Cooper and Wolf Blitzer
The way you feel about Fox is the exact same way I feel about NPR (well except for the unprofessional and juvenile part). I do get what you are saying though because I agree that many "news" programs have become tabloid-esque.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
It's funny because they could hit Obama on things that are important but instead they like to target the demographic that gets riled up on dumb issues like those you mentioned.
Funny you should mention that, since organized thuggery can't comprehend these "dumb issues". Such thuggery belongs to the educated, (as well as) uneducated garbage heap of history..........enjoy!

Old 09-17-2009, 05:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:

More like wearing short sleeves in the WH, going on a date with Michelle, etc.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Gosh. I agree with you on that.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:22 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
CABLE NEWS RACE
Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2009

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 4,039,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,451,000
FOXNEWS BECK 3,421,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,785,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,273,000
FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 2,201,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,395,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,369,000
CNN KING 1,355,000
CNN COOPER 1,086,000

Source Drudge

Look at the miserable ratings of MSNBC and CNN.
The gift that keeps on giving... Now 4 mill viewers will share O's Opinion of Public Option...

Old 09-17-2009, 07:40 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Yeah, i guess people didnt really need to know what Sarah Palin is doing every second of every day..i think MSNBC has its own beaurau devoted solely to Sarah Palin.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:45 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Quote:
Funny you should mention that, since organized thuggery can't comprehend these "dumb issues". Such thuggery belongs to the educated, (as well as) uneducated garbage heap of history..........enjoy!
Oh man did you hear about THE TERRORIST FIST BUMP!

ROLL THE PRESSES!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies