Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 04:05 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,213,087 times

Advertisements

"Here's the catch," Moyers says after showing video clips with protesters decrying "the lies" coming from the Obama administration. "Something these marchers who came to Washington at Armey's urging could hardly be expected to know. For most of his adult life, their leader has benefited from just the kind of government tax-supported health care he's fighting to keep them from having too."

It's a fascinating run down of Armey's adult life working in universities and for the government, made comfortable and secure by state-funded health care -- "the Cadillac of coverage."

Bill Moyers: Tea Party Organizer Is Epitome Of Privilege (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 04:15 PM

843 posts, read 1,299,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
"Here's the catch," Moyers says after showing video clips with protesters decrying "the lies" coming from the Obama administration. "Something these marchers who came to Washington at Armey's urging could hardly be expected to know. For most of his adult life, their leader has benefited from just the kind of government tax-supported health care he's fighting to keep them from having too."

It's a fascinating run down of Armey's adult life working in universities and for the government, made comfortable and secure by state-funded health care -- "the Cadillac of coverage."

I worked for the Defense Department and the Commerce Department. I was covered by a private insurer while at the Commerce Department. I didn't have insurance while with the defense department.

This is true of almost all government employees. They secure health insurance in the private sector. I doubt Dick Armey was any different.

Why did Ted Kennedy use private doctors in his battle against cancer? Why didn't he go to Canada or England or somewhere else where healthcare is provided for by government? Surely he had the money to reimburse them. They are government run systems so they are automatically better.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
I worked for the Defense Department and the Commerce Department. I was covered by a private insurer while at the Commerce Department. I didn't have insurance while with the defense department.

This is true of almost all government employees. They secure health insurance in the private sector. I doubt Dick Armey was any different.

Why did Ted Kennedy use private doctors in his battle against cancer? Why didn't he go to Canada or England or somewhere else where healthcare is provided for by government? Surely he had the money to reimburse them. They are government run systems so they are automatically better.
Strange you bring Kennedy up in this thread. Was Kennedy spearheading the TeaBaggers? Don't think so...

Armey has been sucking off the government teat for most of his adult life.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:00 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,631,336 times
Bill Moyers can't do a story without a leftist slant if the life of his dangling goozle depended on it.

A typical journalistic coward, Bill prefers shooting at flocks of doves instead of rampaging tigers.

Bill, you idiot, Tea Parties are loosely-organized, intermittent protest demonstrations. Try investigating a damnable organization that has ongoing, corrupt operations (ACORN or Al Gore Inc).

You, along with tens of thousands of other so-called "journalists", are a disappointing coward.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Bill Moyers can't do a story without a leftist slant if the life of his dangling goozle depended on it.

A typical journalistic coward, Bill prefers shooting at flocks of doves instead of rampaging tigers.

Bill, you idiot, Tea Parties are loosely-organized, intermittent protest demonstrations. Try investigating a damnable organization that has ongoing, corrupt operations (ACORN or Al Gore Inc).

You, along with tens of thousands of other so-called "journalists", are a disappointing coward.
yea, 10,000 journalist must wrong... truth kind of grabs at ya don't it?

Old 09-18-2009, 07:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Let me point out the flaw in Bill Moyers posting..
Quote:

STATE funding is where healthcare belongs..

Lets also not discuss the fact that he was an employee, and entitled to an EMPLOYER based healthcare benefit package..

Old 09-18-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Let me point out the flaw in Bill Moyers posting..

STATE funding is where healthcare belongs..

Lets also not discuss the fact that he was an employee, and entitled to an EMPLOYER based healthcare benefit package..

I guessed you missed the boat...

Old 09-18-2009, 07:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
I guessed you missed the boat...
I guess you dont want to talk about the fact that Armey exchanged a good/service for pay and a healthcare package, or are you trying to allude that universities and federal government shouldnt offer their employees healthcare either?

Old 09-18-2009, 07:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
Moyer's saying that about soemone else is funny to the extreme.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I guess you dont want to talk about the fact that Armey exchanged a good/service for pay and a healthcare package, or are you trying to allude that universities and federal government shouldnt offer their employees healthcare either?
Armey - Kind of like the kettle calling the pot black... If that Health care that our federal employees get is good enough for them than it is good for the rest of America, you agree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies