Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 04:00 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The IRS is not a recognized dictionary. Therefore, it is not any sort of authority in the context of definitions (or much else for that matter). Sorry.
Actually, it's the Free Dictionary that the law pays no attention to, and the fact remains that everyone yammering on and on about Harry Reid this and Harry Reid that in this thread was totally 100% off base and old Harry had it right all along. You can all just send him a note of apology and promise to try harder next time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 04:03 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Actually, it's the Free Dictionary that the law pays no attention to, and the fact remains that everyone yammering on and on about Harry Reid this and Harry Reid that in this thread was totally 100% off base and old Harry had it right all along. You can all just send him a note of apology and promise to try harder next time...
Harry Reid refused to give a direct answer. That is why everyone who isn't suffering from mental retardation caused by living inside the beltway understands the law making up a definition isn't really a definition.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:08 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
tell 'ya what......

you go first and let us know how it works out for you.
Name just one case where someone went to prison for not paying the tax owed on the return submitted and accepted by the IRS with the current tax code of the last 2 decade ? Good luck with that...

Your statement represents the mindset and level of education too many of the American people have when it comes to the income tax and the IRS in general... Exactly the mindset the IRS wants you to have !

I'd be more than glad to tell you how it worked out for me but with your mindset you wouldn't be able to understand the outcome !

Old 09-20-2009, 04:13 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
No reasonable person could care less how the IRS chooses to define "voluntary". Voluntary, if we choose to use this language has a specific meaning. So income taxes are not voluntary. It is forced confiscation of wealth. That this wealth is primarily used to fund Unconstitutional legislation only makes it even more sinister.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
Name just one case where someone went to prison for not paying the tax owed on the return submitted and accepted by the IRS with the current tax code of the last 2 decade ? Good luck with that...

Your statement represents the mindset and level of education too many of the American people have when it comes to the income tax and the IRS in general... Exactly the mindset the IRS wants you to have !

I'd be more than glad to tell you how it worked out for me but with your mindset you wouldn't be able to understand the outcome !
Irwin Schiff?

Old 09-20-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
No reasonable person could care less how the IRS chooses to define "voluntary". Voluntary, if we choose to use this language has a specific meaning. So income taxes are not voluntary. It is forced confiscation of wealth. That this wealth is primarily used to fund Unconstitutional legislation only makes it even more sinister.
DC retards like to make up definitions as they go along. I'm surprised there isn't a cost center code on their timesheets for it.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:16 PM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
Rangel knows they are voluntary. What's the problem? Heeeeeeelllllooooooo
Yep! Call your representatives to urge support of the Rangel Rule!

TaxProf Blog: "Rangel Rule" Would Exempt All Taxpayers From IRS Penalties and Interest
"Rangel Rule" would give taxpayers a free pass on penalties | AccountingWEB.com
H.R.735: Rangel Rule Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Don't pay your taxes until you're caught, and then use the Rangel Rule.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:17 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Harry Reid refused to give a direct answer. That is why everyone who isn't suffering from mental retardation caused by living inside the beltway understands the law making up a definition isn't really a definition.
He gave a direct answer on more than one occasion. It didn't do him any more good than it's doing me. Some people are just deliberately stuck in an uninformed place and are unwilling to leave.

PS. I don't live inside the Beltway, but I work with many people who do, and in this much, much larger sample than what you have to work with, I have observed no unusual signs of mental retardation. Quite the contrary, in fact. The folks who live here make it one of the most highly intelligent and educated areas in the country. Too much of a challenge for some folks, of course...

Old 09-20-2009, 04:18 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
But, whether you fill out the forms or not, the IRS will have the info on your earnings from the W2's issues by an employer. It's a catch 22.
If your not on a payroll then they have nothing ! Which is the case for many...

Old 09-20-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
He gave a direct answer on more than one occasion. It didn't do him any more good than it's doing me. Some people are just deliberately stuck in an uninformed place and are unwilling to leave.
Then why is everyone but yourself saying he's using double speak and being evasive? It is said that a very small percentage of people are either mentally retarded or psychopathic. Considering this sample on both the youtube comments as well as city-data aligning well with my hypothesis, I would suggest a good psych analysis. Just one suggestion: stay away from DC -- they're likely backlogged with politicians.

Quote:
PS. I don't live inside the Beltway, but I work with many people who do, and in this much, much larger sample than what you have to work with, I have observed no unusual signs of mental retardation.
Another variant on the blind leading the blind...anyone eager to "whip it out" to prove themselves on the internet is clearly deficient.

Quote:
Quite the contrary The folks who live here make it one of the most highly intelligent and educated areas in the country.
My people are more educated than your people Wanna compare sizes next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies