Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 06:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

Health Care Plans Overview: Industry Center - Yahoo! Finance

Quote:
Net Profit Margin (mrq): 3.3%
How outrageous! Profits of a little more than 3%!

This cannot stand!

I guess obama can't really demonize those Americans who are happy with their HC - about 85%.

He's got to find someone to demonize and target as the "enemy".

Never thought I'd see a US President so bent on targeting and demonizing those entities that are an integral part of US growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 07:09 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
You can quote all the statistics you can find. When a pair of eyeglasses costs $1200, something is WRONG. And if the President is the only person in a position of authority willing to do something about that, then he deserves a hell of a lot more support than he's getting.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:13 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Health Care Plans Overview: Industry Center - Yahoo! Finance

How outrageous! Profits of a little more than 3%!

This cannot stand!

I guess obama can't really demonize those Americans who are happy with their HC - about 85%.

He's got to find someone to demonize and target as the "enemy".

Never thought I'd see a US President so bent on targeting and demonizing those entities that are an integral part of US growth.

And that chart is based on what and who?

It has no past history beyond the weekend.

Guess "Health Corporations" didn't exist before last week

So just a copy/paste from a unknown partner in lies.

But since I've invested in one of the "Health Insurance" companies, while during the last quarter they wrote alot , the expected growth estimate for this quarter is 457% and it has gone up $7 a share since January 09. (I didn't own it before, as i've said many times here, when it comes to politics, the corporation always wins, so bet with the corporation)

Last edited by plannine; 09-21-2009 at 07:59 AM..

Old 09-21-2009, 07:16 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
Here is a "free" solution. Simply make medical insurance illegal. Medical practitioners then would be forced to charge according to what the market could bear or go out of business. I was alive when virtually no one had health insurance. When you visited your doctor you simply paid cash and costs were in line with what people could afford. A company could try to charge a million dollars for a cup of coffee but they would soon be out of business.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:22 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
When a pair of eyeglasses costs $1200, something is WRONG.
.....and when a $1000 wheelchair costs $4000 something is also wrong with that.

Medicare pays 4 times suppliers' wheelchair cost, report says - CNN.com

Old 09-21-2009, 07:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
And that chart is based on what and who?
The financial statistics of the industry as a whole, which you would know if you clicked the link.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I was alive in those days as well. Our local Doctor basically told his patients to stop drinking, take a couple of aspirin and get some rest and stitched up a kids hand without anesthetic. That was my memory of medicine 55 years ago.

No thanks; I take a Uniform Health Care system supported by real progressive income taxes. We do not need private sector bureaucrats deciding how much we will pay and what we will get from private sector for profit insurance companies.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:36 AM

485 posts, read 1,454,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You can quote all the statistics you can find. When a pair of eyeglasses costs $1200, something is WRONG. And if the President is the only person in a position of authority willing to do something about that, then he deserves a hell of a lot more support than he's getting.
I have been wearing glasses since the 5th grade (over 55 years ago) and have never had a pair of glasses paid for by healthcare insurance. I have lived in a number of states and have had many different insurers -- most plans considered premier. Not sure how the cost of eyeglasses relates to the insurance company debate.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Repub/neocons....can't see past the end of their nose and never could.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Here is a "free" solution. Simply make medical insurance illegal. Medical practitioners then would be forced to charge according to what the market could bear or go out of business. I was alive when virtually no one had health insurance. When you visited your doctor you simply paid cash and costs were in line with what people could afford. A company could try to charge a million dollars for a cup of coffee but they would soon be out of business.
As far as I know, for profit medical "insurance" is illegal in almost every civilized country (except the Swiss).

(Im sure someone will tell me if I am wrong)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies