Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:44 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Apparently, under obamacare all treatment will be free.

He'll pay for everything.
Wow.. you obviously have NO understanding of what "obamacare" is

First..nothing about HR3200 gave away anything FOR FREE!!!!

It was simply a bill that put consumer protections in place against the practices of insurance companies that ended up hurting people in the name of profits and excess. It took steps to prevent UNDERINSURANCE . In otherwords, families paying out premius and STILL having to declare bankruptcies (3/4 of those declaring bankruptcies in the U.S (of which 60% are for medical bills) had insurance)

It looked to remove pre-existing condition clauses.

It was a bill that was designed to allow people otherwise shut out by the industry the opportunity to PURCHASE or BUY into the system. It wasn't about suddenly all of us uninsured were going to have FREE medical care

Free medical care already exists.. it's called Medicaid.. thatis for the poor. Those people get medical care and coverage without contributing anything to it or for it.

Where exactly in HR 3200 did it say we would all have free health care

You should understand what it is that you speak before you speak it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 11:44 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Did you forget about the $700K a DAY that the insurance industry was throwing at defeating reform.
Yet the $150 MILLION on the side of obamacare, courtesy of Big Pharma, does not bother you?

Old 09-21-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yet the $150 MILLION on the side of obamacare, courtesy of Big Pharma, does not bother you?

I never said it didn't bother me.. it bothers me immensely that some back room deal was struck with pharmas on health care reform.. since they also contribute significantly to the high costs of our system.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:56 AM

300 posts, read 430,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
First..nothing about HR3200 gave away anything FOR FREE!!!!

Where exactly in HR 3200 did it say we would all have free health care
May I suggest you stop "pushing" the above legislation. That legislation is being replaced with the America's Healthy Future Act of 2009 - introduced by Senator Max Baucus and supported by President Obama.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:02 PM

300 posts, read 430,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Am I out of touch here? Where the hell do you pay $1200 for eyeglasses?
We have an Optical Dispensing company, Aspen Optical, in my region where it is common to find frames costing 800 / 900 or more - and then the lenses, with the "options" - I can easily see glasses costing $1,000 +

Old 09-21-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWonderWhy1 View Post
May I suggest you stop "pushing" the above legislation. That legislation is being replaced with the America's Healthy Future Act of 2009 - introduced by Senator Max Baucus and supported by President Obama.

First..i can push whatever I want

Even so.. neither of them are about FREE health care anyway..

And Im' quite upset at how watered down the legislation we are getting now is..

all because people believed the crap out there instead of the truth..

Eh.what the hell..you are all probably opposed to that bill too

And will find any reason to bash Obama or reform..

Old 09-21-2009, 12:06 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,303,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
You should understand what it is that you speak before you speak it.
So should you ! Every HC bill currently on the table is a direct infringement to YOUR FREEDOM and nothing more than a new TAX on the people...

Obviously you don't value your freedom and like paying higher taxes !

Old 09-21-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
So should you ! Every HC bill currently on the table is a direct infringement to YOUR FREEDOM and nothing more than a new TAX on the people...

Obviously you don't value your freedom and like paying higher taxes !

here we go again with the same crap..

I guess we shoudl irradicate Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, public education.. etc etc.

God..what a Moderator cut: language this country would be without those programs..

Last edited by katzenfreund; 09-21-2009 at 12:29 PM..

Old 09-21-2009, 12:07 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,743,613 times
Yep. "We" are still against the watered-down Baucus Bill as it attempts to enact legislation beyond Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution. Damned! "We" are just so protective of that stupid, or as the Resident said "fundamentally flawed", document.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:21 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWonderWhy1 View Post
We have an Optical Dispensing company, Aspen Optical, in my region where it is common to find frames costing 800 / 900 or more - and then the lenses, with the "options" - I can easily see glasses costing $1,000 +
well, there's an easy solution to this. DON'T BUY WHAT YOU CAN'T AFFORD! Those frames you speak of are DESIGNER frames. Do you really need those? No you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies