Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 10:09 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
300 Grand? That'll buy alot of leather outfits and spiked heels!
Watch it! Someone's keyboard just got all wet from salivating at the thought!!!

*ewww*

Old 09-24-2009, 10:10 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,679,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
When it comes to tele or no tele, it certainly is on topic to compare. The stark difference between her ability to put forth an impressive speech without a crutch is certainly on topic here.
you still haven't explained what the difference is between reading your speech off of a screen that you look straight out at and reading your speech off of a piece of paper that you look down at.

this teleprompter meme is the weakest thing ever.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:12 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,679,606 times
Quote:
Yes, handsomely. Reportedly around $300K.

I guess that qualifies her - after just one speech.
yeah, getting paid to do something qualifies you as a professional doer of that thing. after just one time. good job understanding basic vocabulary.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:15 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
While I think her resigning as Gov. was a mistake that will keep her out of the Whitehouse, I didn’t hear a "My feelings are hurt and I am quitting" speech. What I heard was an “I cannot afford to be governor and fend off a frivolous ethics charge every 6 days” speech.

Evidently in Alaska, the governor has to pay her own way in fighting off such allegations and anyone in the state can bring them. From the time she was nominated VP, she received an ethics complaint about every 6 days. Absolutely none of them were found to be valid. However she still had to hire lawyers to fend them off.

It really is a sick commentary that this can happen.
There are many, many people in Alaska who believe that after the campaign she did not do her job as Governor. For Pete's sake, she didn't even attend crucial Legislative sessions.

She quit because she is out to make as much money as her 15 minutes of fame can get her. I say more power to her. But, to mask it as anything else is bull shat!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:33 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
There are many, many people in Alaska who believe that after the campaign she did not do her job as Governor. For Pete's sake, she didn't even attend crucial Legislative sessions.

She quit because she is out to make as much money as her 15 minutes of fame can get her. I say more power to her. But, to mask it as anything else is bull shat!
That's because the lefties had her so tied up and spending state resources to fight the frivolous ethics complaints. All have been dismissed as such. You should be happy she is gone and did her duty for the state, by stepping down, thereby getting rid of the distractions created by the leftists.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:34 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post

Moderator cut: rude

many people in alaska? sure there are many people in alaska who like the old boys network that was the Alaska Republican party. There are also many liberals in Alaska.

She still had an unfounded (proven) ethics complaint filed on average every 6 days. She still had to pay out of her own pocket to fend them off.

She is not rich.

ergo...

Last edited by katzenfreund; 09-24-2009 at 09:16 PM..

Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Again, wrong. The ethics complaints against her preceded her being chosen as the VP candidate. As for your contention that none of them were found to be valid, I give you this. . .
After the election, she was slapped over and over again with dozens of frivolous complaints, all which have been dismissed.

The ONE before the election was a purely partisan endeavor by the democrats on the panel. Nothing ever came of it - it was just a headline, right before the election.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Shanghai Sarah seems to have found new friends

Pal in around with Communists

Palin slams Obama's spending in debut speech in Asia - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090923/pl_afp/hongkonguspoliticseconomypalin_20090923092712 - broken link)
Forgive my ignorance (OP and the rest of the CD posters), but what official capacity is she in nowadays? The last that I recall she resigned from her governer of Alaska position in order to blog and write. Why exactly does she represent America in any official capacity at all? PLEASE, tell me why this woman doesn't fall off the face of this earth or just plain go away.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:41 AM

She is a national political figure, a former VP nominee for the GOP (historic) and she is in extreme demand, around the world.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:42 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
After the election, she was slapped over and over again with dozens of frivolous complaints, all which have been dismissed.
Damn; her too?

Quote:
She is a national political figure, a former VP nominee for the GOP (historic) and she is in extreme demand, around the world.
Yeah, and I don't get why...I don't recall any of the other formed VP nominee's being in the news as often as she is. I guess because that was before the days of Twitter and Facebook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies