Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:40 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Apples and oranges.

I will concede the Nazi comparison is unfair - Hitler was successful in his attempt to force national service upon grade-schoolers.

"Apples and oranges" That is your answer?

You said other presidents did not force anything on people and I gave you examples of things that have been forced on Americans. There are many more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 09:47 AM

5,477 posts, read 12,248,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I don't know how old you are or if the history of dictators are taught in the schools anymore but EVERY wanna be dictator targets the minds of the children, teaching them to idolize and serve them. hussein obama and the insane liberal leftist are hard at it.
Yes. My best friend grew up in Armenia and she was saying that this video reminds her very much of the Youth Camps she attended growing up---she was pretty horrified when she saw it.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:52 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
"Apples and oranges" That is your answer?

You said other presidents did not force anything on people and I gave you examples of things that have been forced on Americans. There are many more.

Yep, apples and oranges. Every nation on earth has taxes and unfavorable laws aimed at criminal activities.

Can you name one (other) non-totalitarian nation that tried to force national service on grade school aged children? On it's entire population?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:18 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Yep, apples and oranges. Every nation on earth has taxes and unfavorable laws aimed at criminal activities.

Can you name one (other) non-totalitarian nation that tried to force national service on grade school aged children? On it's entire population?
I do not understand what you are saying. Who is forcing national service on grade school aged children?

National service is a common name for mandatory or voluntary government service programs (most often focusing on military service). (Compulsory military service is more often known as conscription.) National service was common in the 20th century, and many young people spent one or more years in such programs. Compulsory military service typically requires all citizens, or all male citizens, to participate for a period of a year (or more in some countries) during their youth, usually at some point between the age of 18 and their late twenties.
The term National Service is still used to describe compulsory military service programs in countries including Austria, Mexico, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Israel, Malaysia, the Republic of China (Taiwan), Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey. India has a separate program called NSS (National Service Scheme) in which students from primary level to graduate level participate. In some Indian colleges (like IITs), it's a compulsory part of curricula.[citation needed]

Old 09-24-2009, 10:19 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
The school responds;

Exurban League: Confirmed: Kids' Praising Obama an official public school activity

Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,086,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawdog View Post
Oh, but was/is fine to call George W. Bush simply "W". Got it! Great double standard from a typical messiah-loving liberal!
W. isn't very condescending...but I understand your arguement, as it's coming from a typical hateful, trouble stirring conservative.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:58 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,086,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'll have to ask if any liberal here that strongly disagreed with Bush's policies would be offended if that was their child and they were praising Bush?
When I see posts like yours and the OP's, and a few others here, all I think is the word EXTREMIST.
I would be more pissed if I found out my kids were praising God...at least Bush was real.....but really, on topic.....I don't think "praising" is even an appropriate word....but of course, and extremist would see it that way.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:26 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That appears to be in a church which would make it irrelevant to this discussion at least compared to the Obama video which appears to be taken inside a school.

If the Obama video is a private school or not a school at all then then it 's really none of anyone's damn business what the children are being taught. It's when the public education sytem enters the picture it becomes an issue.

I bet you a hundred to one that the video with Bush is doctored by the leftist. THIS IS A SONG ABOUT JESUS AND OBAMA'S NAME WAS INSERTED FOR THE KIDDIES IN THE SCHOOLS!

Old 09-24-2009, 01:31 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Yes. My best friend grew up in Armenia and she was saying that this video reminds her very much of the Youth Camps she attended growing up---she was pretty horrified when she saw it.

Remember hussein obama's Kenyan upbringing and his cousin Odinga the mass murderer who he campained for in Africa. They bot have the same "take over the world" dream.

hussein obama is NOT a man that children should be taught to praise. He is a man with many alias and a very shady background who hangs with criminals, America haters, racists, bigots, and eugenists that would have prefered children to be aborted,

Old 09-24-2009, 01:41 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,228 times
dking@burltwpsch.org
czulla@burltwpsch.org

Email for the principal and vice principal of that 'school' in NJ, if anyone wishes to write them your opinion. Be it agreeable or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies