Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 01:56 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
First, I am not a "leftie". I have christian family members, that does not make me a Christian. He is not muslim, calling him Hussein is plain ignorant.
Uhhhh......actually, that's his name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 02:01 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Uhhhh......actually, that's his name.
Middle name. Which he doesn't go by and we don't need to use to identify him from all the OTHER President Barack Obama's out there, ala George "W".

Old 09-24-2009, 02:21 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,086,306 times
'O holy Obama,
Please bless all the ignorant people who cannot find anything else to complain about other than your middle name, the fact that some kids sang a song about you, and other lame sh....crap. Amen.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:26 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Getting right down to it I don't understand the rational behind singing about whoever is President. Any school official would HAVE to realize that whoever it is, there are a significant number of families in the school who DIDN'T vote for them. Talk about poking a hornets nest with a stick.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:16 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,248,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Remember hussein obama's Kenyan upbringing and his cousin Odinga the mass murderer who he campained for in Africa. They bot have the same "take over the world" dream.

hussein obama is NOT a man that children should be taught to praise. He is a man with many alias and a very shady background who hangs with criminals, America haters, racists, bigots, and eugenists that would have prefered children to be aborted,
Well, people glorify Mandela too, but what the mythology fails to say, is that he was a terrorist, the leader of the ANC (African National Congress), a violent terrorist organization which was responsible thousands of deaths (mostly those of blacks) in South Africa. People believe the mythology because it's convenient and pretty. It starts out with indoctrination and people not thinking for themselves, by believing everything they read on cereal boxes and spewing television. Most people in this country have no clue. They've never lived anywhere else, never volunteered or worked with refugees anywhere else. Sad really.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:45 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,201 times
A friend posted this on Facebook then followed up with the ubiquitous Hitler references.

**sheesh** I told her to get a grip. One small class in one school in NJ with a star-struck teacher and the country is on the slippery slope to Hitler style disctatorship and Fascism.... Oh please.

First part is fine. The first part -- the rap -- is fine but the song is political and inappropriate for a school setting.

How can anyone be upset about the POTUS asking all Americans to "lend a hand" at making the country better....unless s/he thinks things like a stronger country, equal pay, equality are bad things. I guess some people do. **shrug**

Had it been done during the Bush administration and I had a child of that age, I would have not objected to the first part -- the rap -- but I would have objected to the second part -- the song. I would have quietly mentioned it to the teacher or the principal. I would NOT have made any equation to Hitler and feared the demise of the Republic. That's just wingnut -- crazy and paranoid.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
There's just one thing I don't get. Did some idiot in this NJ school record this thing because they thought it was a good thing to show off or was it recorded in horror?
I was wondering the same thing, more or less. Maybe a mom was just recording a kid's class performance and watched the whole thing unfold through the camera viewer.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Disgusting! But why didn't they show the teachers face she is the one who should be fired on the spot! The school principle also for allowing this!
Oh, get a grip!

Old 09-24-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawdog View Post
Oh, but was/is fine to call George W. Bush simply "W". Got it! Great double standard from a typical messiah-loving liberal!
That is a family nickname used to differentiate him from his father.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:05 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
And here another one:

As the Hitler youth grew its power and influence grew with it. It was a propaganda machine for inculcating Nazi ideology into the young; it dominated the schools and formed the Patrol Service (Streifendienst), which functioned as a kind of junior Sipo; and as the war progressed the youthful loyalty of its members was ruthlessly exploited. At twelve a boy was trained in the use of a rifle and machine gun and at fourteen he attended a military training camp for a month. From 1943, 15–17-year-olds manned anti-aircraft guns and youngsters performed many civil defence duties, such as fighting fires, patrolling the streets, and digging tank traps. They were an especial menace to shot-down Allied airmen. During the last months of the war the Hitler youth also became an important part of the Volkssturm (see Germany, 5); during the battle that led to the fall of Berlin, Axmann committed young teenagers to front-line combat in which few survived; and a number were enlisted into the abortive Werewolves guerrilla organization.

Then you should be able to understand why we want to nip this in the bud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies