Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:52 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Now expand your arguments to include Obama's obsessive fetish to force all Americans to serve the State and you can see why many are concerned.
Give me some insight on what you mean by that?
What is the difference to other american presidents?
What about american soldiers that are "forced" to be in Iraq and other countries.
I am not going to defend Obamas politics, from my neutral point of view here in Europe I do not see how he is forcing americans to serve the state in any different way than other presidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 08:15 AM

240 posts, read 537,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I'm not the foolish one....you seem out of touch by continuously calling Obama "Hussein"....so what if that is in his name...he doesn't go by that....makes you seem very.....dumb.

Oh, but was/is fine to call George W. Bush simply "W". Got it! Great double standard from a typical messiah-loving liberal!

Old 09-24-2009, 08:18 AM

240 posts, read 537,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
What about american soldiers that are "forced" to be in Iraq and other countries.
I am not going to defend Obamas politics, from my neutral point of view here in Europe I do not see how he is forcing americans to serve the state in any different way than other presidents.

As you admit, you live in Europe, you have no idea what occurs in America, and have no special rights or insight to comment on American life or politics.

BTW, America has an all volunteer army, no one is "forced" to be in Iraq. The brave men and women serving there choose to do so.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:20 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
You are insulting everybody that were forced to be part of Hitler Youth.

Yea, you are insulting the pope!

Old 09-24-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Yea, you are insulting the pope!
He was part of the Hitler Youth like almost every german in a young age. That is not controversial, that is a fact.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawdog View Post
As you admit, you live in Europe, you have no idea what occurs in America, and have no special rights or insight to comment on American life or politics.

BTW, America has an all volunteer army, no one is "forced" to be in Iraq. The brave men and women serving there choose to do so.
Hence, "forced".

Ok, accoring to your logic, not one single American should say anything about the rest of the world? Should not comment on what is going on in Iraq or Afghanistan, GB, France or China, since they have no "special rights or insight on American life or politics"? Do you tell other Americans they should not comment on world policy? Do you tell American they cannot comment on the situation in Iraq because they don't live there?

I do not live in the US, but I do follow the news and do my research what is going on because I am interested in all those things. Why is it a bad thing?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:40 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:

The difference - other Presidents sought to inspire volunteerism, Obama sought a mandate.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
The difference - other Presidents sought to inspire volunteerism, Obama sought a mandate.
Can you be more specific?

How is the Patriot Act voluntary? Paying taxes voluntary? School attendance? Well, I think you get what I mean.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:25 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Can you be more specific?

How is the Patriot Act voluntary? Paying taxes voluntary? School attendance? Well, I think you get what I mean.

Apples and oranges.

I will concede the Nazi comparison is unfair - Hitler was successful in his attempt to force national service upon grade-schoolers.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:38 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It's whacka doodle time, it's whacka doodle time...
is it really necessary to inform us of your doodle-whacking activities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies