Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 07:21 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,980,642 times

Advertisements

Dog fighting awareness should have been brought out years ago. Recently with the media attention of Vick people see the evil torture that is being done not only in America but in the whole world.

I'm starting to see people in the media associating only Blacks with Dog fighting. That is definetly a half truth. Yes Dog fighting is very common in Black towns all across America. But Dog fighting is not only isolated in Black communties.

Evil men are doing this. This could be happening even in your on backyard.

I choose the below link not only because it happening outside of the hood, it's because the British explain this problem in detail.

YouTube - Dog Fighting Documentary First Part

4:46 Puppies fighting!

Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I see every race doing it... so I don't know why you think the media thinks otherwise... Vick is just an example... if you said, who commits the MOST crimes, than it would be African American... you just have to look at the prison population....

Old 09-27-2009, 07:27 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,980,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I see every race doing it... so I don't know why you think the media thinks otherwise... Vick is just an example... if you said, who commits the MOST crimes, than it would be African American... you just have to look at the prison population....
I'm talking about Dog fighting. You create your on post on crime please.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:30 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
who commits the MOST crimes, than it would be African American... you just have to look at the prison population....
Not polite to hijack someones thread.

It could never have anything to do with the justice system. Riiiight.

Total number of convictions doesn't equal all crimes committed.

RE the OP;

I associate dog fighting with ghetto trash, mainly Black, Hispanic and White variety. Although the Hispanics are usually more into cockfighting.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:39 AM

103 posts, read 147,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

It could never have anything to do with the justice system.
No it doesn't Now back to dog fighting, Every race has been involed in animal fighting it's sick and cruel . The media jump on Vick bacause he played in NFL and it would make ratings.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:44 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
You mean that there are white guys involved in dog fighting?!? Tell me it ain't so Joe!
[MOD CUT/copyright]

Man with ties to murder of dog fighting organizer caught in Mexico > Cleveland Advocate > News Archives > Houston Community Newspapers Online - News Around Town

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-27-2009 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: copyrighted image

Old 09-27-2009, 07:45 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Uh...I think it would be more fair to ask "Who gets convicted of the most crimes". Our prison population is not a fair indicator of which race commits which percentage of crimes.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:56 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
I think dog fighting is more than a vicious problem. It's also about gambling addiction. Louisiana was one of the last states to have legal rooster fights. It wasn't a sport. It was a bet. Lots of money changed hands to bet on these deadly fights. Same thing happens in dog fights. It's all about gambling. There's more than gambling involved. There's also the power and control draw to such fights. Rooster and dog fights are usually among the middle to low income. These people crave control and what gives one the feeling of control more than controlling the life or death of an animal like this. Some get into this through family tradition and are brought to such fights as children. I have relatives that did both dog fighting and rooster fighting. Their thrill of the sport was so great that if they won in the bets, the winnings went into things to improve the chances of their animals to win. For roosters it included special spurs, breeding, and steroid type medication. For dogs it was a variety of things like treadmills, medication to increase strength, and breeding. People in this sport continue to feed their needs through breeding with others in the sport. A champion commands a higher breeding price and the puppies of champions command a premium price. Some get into drug dealing for personal use and to help pay for the expenses of the sport.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Thank you. Up util now I assumed I would be breaking a standing racial barrier if I engaged in dog fighting. Time to get me some dogs and makes me some coin!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
I relate dog fighting to an economic class, the poor. Most likely incorrect on this conception but I pretty much view poor individuals with pitt bulls all gathering around on a Friday night to watch them fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies