Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:57 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times

Advertisements

Michael Moore, the gift that just keeps on giving. Love this excerpt:

Michael Moore, in town for the premiere of his new movie, stopped by a rally at the offices of Public Citizen on Tuesday to deliver a stark warning to any congressional Democrats who would dare oppose a government-run insurance plan as part of health-care legislation.

"I and a lot of other people have every intention of removing you from Congress in the next election if you stand in the way of health-care legislation that the people want,"... "We will come to your districts, and we will work against you, first in the primary, and if we have to, in the general election. . . . You think we're going to go along with you just because you're Democrats? You should think again!"

washingtonpost.com

Really an open minded fellow, don't ya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 10:00 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
I was hoping that Michael Moore would threaten to go on the public option. Guess not.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:02 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Although i'm not a Democrat, I support that sort of political warfare.

This is the very thing that conservatives have been saying and doing for months, but because they have the GOP tag, they've been ridiculed, lambasted, and labeled as if they were criminals.

So why now Democrats? Why are you all of a sudden finding solace in oppositional politics? Just because you're not getting your way?

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 09-30-2009 at 10:18 AM..

Old 09-30-2009, 10:05 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
I agree with Moore. Get rid of the turncoat Democrats.

They're blue on the outside and red on the inside.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
What does being "open minded" have to do with this?

Moore's right. I will never again vote for any Democrat who votes for or signs a "health care" bill that does not at least provide a public option. Fuither, in any primary election where a Democrat like that runs, I will active work against him/her. (I won't actively work against a Dem like that in the general election because the Republicans are worse.) This has nothing to do with being "open minded". This has everything to do with being sold out to Big Medicine. If we wanted this kind of legislation, we would have registered as and voted Republican in the first place. We knew what we wanted when we voted and the Dems have turned their backs on their base. **** 'em and their President, too.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I agree with Moore. Get rid of the turncoat Democrats.

They're blue on the outside and red on the inside.
Yeah, God forbid we allow critical thinking.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
What does being "open minded" have to do with this?

Moore's right. I will never again vote for any Democrat who votes for or signs a "health care" bill that does not at least provide a public option. Fuither, in any primary election where a Democrat like that runs, I will active work against him/her. (I won't actively work against a Dem like that in the general election because the Republicans are worse.) This has nothing to do with being "open minded". This has every thing to do with being sold out to Big Medicine. If we wanted this kind of legislation, we would have registered as and voted Republican in the first place. We knew what we wanted when we voted and the Dems have turned their backs on their base. **** 'em and their President, too.
Being "open minded" allows for critical discussion about alternative approaches to problem solving, and eventual solutions that can be implemented.

Moving in lock step with a mandated solution kind of negates that process.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:10 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
I am not a Democrat or Republican, but the system seems backed up. Reminds me of a "Push me pull you" creature spinning around in a field. Maybe it needs some ex lax ?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
He is totally correct and I have stated the same thought in many of my posts. Congress is not meeting the demands of their constituents and their demand for a public option. Something is not rotten in Denmark...it is rotten right here in the USA. Get rid of the representatives that are supporting the insurance company monopoly and lining their pockets...period!

Old 09-30-2009, 10:14 AM

Back in November, when the Republicans were blasted in the elections, I stated that the internal problems leading to the debacle would soon happen on the Democratic side of the aisle.

As I was sayin'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies