Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 11:09 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder if the parents of that kid that was killed by being hit by a railroad tie the other day agree with you. You have seen the videos of that little rumble, haven't you?
Since when did the railroad start using 2"x 4" lumber as railway ties? I laughed so much when I heard Beck say it was a railway tie I almost fell on the floor!

Old 09-30-2009, 11:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy268 View Post
Oh my, did Glen beck misspeak?

"Earlier concerns about a secret $100 million Olympic loan were eclipsed today by the mayor’s announcement that the secret deal actually leaves taxpayers responsible for at least one billion dollars in Olympic spending. (Not counting the security budget — more about that below.)"

"That money runs out February 15. Robertson says the city is negotiating with Fortress in the hope that the investment group will pick up the tab again. But he emphasized the company did nothing illegal and has no formal obligation to keep paying. Vancouver took on the role of underwriter when it signed the completion guarantee."

Vancouver's Billion-Dollar Olympic Debt (http://zoeblunt.gnn.tv/blogs/30721/Vancouver_s_Billion_Dollar_Olympic_Debt - broken link)
Well, yeah, Chevy, but the information here has come from the well known left leaning blog, HuffPo and they don't bother telling the truth more than they have to.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:11 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Yes, Chicago is now and was in the past, one of the worst choices to host foreign visitors.
link? or is that just you spewing nonsense?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:12 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
You don't even know who Valerie Jarrett is. Why am I wasting my time.
Condescending much? How annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I wonder if watching Glenn Beck makes a person stupid, or if only stupid people watch Glenn Beck.
You just did it again. I might get a refusal by reporting you to the mods. No, I don't think I will do that but if I did what you did I would get reported.

183 posts, read 115,073 times
Quote:
You really have a distorted world view, don't you? Do you picture a wholesale slaughter going on in Chicago?

I honestly have no clue how some people get their notions. Is it fear of certain people?

Chicago could have triple the crime rate of the safest large city in the US, and the chances of a particular visitor being the victim of crime would go from imperceptibly small to very nearly imperceptibly small.

What a fearful life.

As long as they aren't honor roll students they should be OK.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
How will she make money? You realize that she divested herself of all her real estate, but one. That was another lie that Beck told. Of course, fans of his wouldn't know that.
Ah, yes but that one is he very one that they intend to build the main stadium, to go unused after the event is over, next to or on. You can take her word for that if you please then call me stupid after you do that. As Forrest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does." You apply that to me and I will have to turn around and do it for you.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:16 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
So does Valerie Jarrett, the Daly family and Oba mao's friend who is in prison now. The whole gang in the White House stands to make big money if Chicago can take the tax payers to the cleaners and hold that Olympics. How many millions of dollars do you think the city will find in its coffers after they get through building on Jarrette's properties.

You don't even know who Valerie Jarrett is. Why am I wasting my time.
Ahh one of Beck's hair brained conspiracy theories.... Again you do realize that the push to get Chicago the Olympics was started under Bush correct?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 PM

183 posts, read 115,073 times
Quote:
Yes. It's the White House response.

Are you serious?

The White House website cleared it all up?

In case you haven't noticed this administration has a credibility problem.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:18 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,845 times
Quote:
People who missed Beck today will remain haters and a bit stupider than they were before they missed it. He may have screwed up on Vancouver but he hit the Chicago politicians right in the chops again and again. Too bad you like to remain so uninformed about the truth.
Beck wouldn't know truth if it stared him in the face, get real...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies