Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 02:04 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,203,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
They also have the highest crime per capita in America. I wonder if these "hipsters" have any answers?

NYC is one of the safest big cities in the Western Hemisphere. In fact, on that list, only Chicago is abnormally rough.

Crime doesnt follow "hipsters" or liberals. It follows poverty. People in poverty tend to vote for left wing parties, because they are the only ones that have the interest of the poor remotely in their concern.

People on the right only tolerate the poor because they serve their food, cut their grass, and work in their sweat shops, but if they could somehow replace all that with robots, they would care less if the poor were lined up row by row and gunned down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
It's that whole "herd mentality" thing, that keeps liberals centralized.
Funny, I always thought thats what kept the wrong side of the isle to the bible belt, and why your average Wichita, KS citizen will never leave Wichita, KS, until he retires to Scottsdale, AZ.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:10 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
NYC is one of the safest big cities in the Western Hemisphere. In fact, on that list, only Chicago is abnormally rough.

Crime doesnt follow "hipsters" or liberals. It follows poverty. People in poverty tend to vote for left wing parties, because they are the only ones that have the interest of the poor remotely in their concern.

People on the right only tolerate the poor because they serve their food, cut their grass, and work in their sweat shops, but if they could somehow replace all that with robots, they would care less if the poor were lined up row by row and gunned down.
Why are you trying to bring sense into this....it's more fun to liberal bash...grab a sterotype and join in

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Jeez, too bad the weather is God awful in all of those cities.

Why are Miami LA and San Diego not drawing the college grads?
I don't know about LA and San Diego but Miami is only fun while you're in college. Or on vacation.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:39 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,476,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Jeez, too bad the weather is God awful in all of those cities.

Why are Miami LA and San Diego not drawing the college grads?
San Diego isn't really too great regarding opportunities for people at the entry level.

Boston is really good for this (I'm basing this on my own experience with regards to Engineering work).

Old 10-01-2009, 02:47 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,092,745 times
Quote:
They also have the highest crime per capita in America. I wonder if these "hipsters" have any answers?
No we don't. There are plenty of cities whose per capita crime rates are higher than Chicago's.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Chicago ties with Boston for 10th place in the Wall Street Journal's list of the hottest, hippest cities where recent college grads will flock.

Chicago gets kudos for "great amenities, great nightlife, a spectacular waterfront, great restaurants" and affordable housing, the judging panel
said. The top "youth magnets" were Washington, D.C., and Seattle, which tied for first; New York, Portland, Ore., and Austin, Texas.

Chicago, Boston tie at 10th in hippest college grad cities :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Metro & Tri-State (http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1800734,CST-NWS-YOUNG01.article - broken link)

Let's see: Washington D.C. = Liberal
Seattle = Liberal
New York = Liberal
Portland = Liberal
Austin = Liberal
Chicago = Liberal
Boston = Liberal
D.C liberal? That's only part of the story. The racial makeup of DC is majority black - which historically votes Democrat. You'd have a hard time making the case that graduates are flocking to DC because it's 'liberal'. Opportunity is the word. And many of those oppurtunists actually move to lily-white Northern Virginia.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:50 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
Chicago? I don't think so. United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-01-2009, 02:55 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post

I guess every Democrat mow their own yards, serves their own food, and never buys anything made in a sweatshop. And I thought you had a college education? Silly me. Goes to show that a degree doesn't supercede ignorance.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:10 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
The Democrats in Austin are still extremely traditional. It's Texas for Christ's Sake. Politics is double speak anyway. It's not truly a liberal or "HIP" city. Somebody actually throw trash at me and yelled out "***" at me in that city. Also restaurants and the college there tried to rip me off at every chance possible. It is herd mentality gone delusional and most people go to suck on the tit of UT Austin. The campus looks like The Gaza Strip. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
It's that whole "herd mentality" thing, that keeps liberals centralized.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I guess every Democrat mow their own yards, serves their own food, and never buys anything made in a sweatshop. And I thought you had a college education? Silly me. Goes to show that a degree doesn't supercede ignorance.
Every Democrat doesnt mow their own yards or serve their own food, however, they dont disdain those who do, like the wrong side of the isle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies