Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:54 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
You even took my post in a manner which was based on concepts and beliefs of one party vs. another.

Are some of you even capable of seeing beyond partisan rhetoric?

My player vs. cheerleader analogy had NOTHING to do with how people are integrated in our society and only how we approach debate.

You are continuing to be partisan and are unable to be objective.
You missed the hidden metaphor in your post; perhaps it was unintentional. My concern is less political and more financial. When we reach a point in this country that more than 51% pay no tax control the 49% who do, the nation will implode. It is not substainable. At that point there would be no incentive to excel. One of the primary contributing factors to America's success has been a system which allows individuals to profit from their own labor and success. Destroy that framework and America dies. That simple.

China struggled as a nation until it introduced pseudo-capitalism. Japan thrived after WWII when in introduced capitalism. Research the studies on communes. They always fail for one reason: sooner or later a few people get tired of supporting those who don't pull their weight. What is important to note is that humans are remarkably compassionate and reasonable. Commune members reported no problem with a member who worked hard every day and produced less than other members as long as they tried and contributed.

I think the reason the nation is so polarized is that it parrallels the current tax system. Half pay and half don't pay. The half that do pay are getting tired of the half that don't telling them what they should spend their money on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 01:55 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
lol. Did you even read these "rules"? Why on earth are you so afraid of them? Because you've been told to be?

Try actually reading them, one by one, and please report back as to which ones are the scariest -- and which are exclusive to the terrifying saul alinsky.

I'll bet the site you copied them from didnt encourage you to read them!* so, you're welcome

* unless it's one of those pitiful, typical right wing sources that wants tea bagger types to apply its considerable value to their own marzes der narren, but having no original thoughts of their own and never having experienced what alinsky did they have to copy the original... And of course, have no problem with that.
ph!

Old 10-02-2009, 01:59 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
Quote:
Yeah, because the office of the President was SO respected while Bush held it.

Eitherway, you are off topic.

Bush wasnt respected because of his politics, Obama wasnt respected before he even sat behind the Oval office desk.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:59 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
You missed the hidden metaphor in your post; perhaps it was unintentional. My concern is less political and more financial. When we reach a point in this country that more than 51% pay no tax control the 49% who do, the nation will implode. It is not substainable. At that point there would be no incentive to excel. One of the primary contributing factors to America's success has been a system which allows individuals to profit from their own labor and success. Destroy that framework and America dies. That simple.

China struggled as a nation until it introduced pseudo-capitalism. Japan thrived after WWII when in introduced capitalism. Research the studies on communes. They always fail for one reason: sooner or later a few people get tired of supporting those who don't pull their weight. What is important to note is that humans are remarkably compassionate and reasonable. Commune members reported no problem with a member who worked hard every day and produced less than other members as long as they tried and contributed.

I think the reason the nation is so polarized is that it parrallels the current tax system. Half pay and half don't pay. The half that do pay are getting tired of the half that don't telling them what they should spend their money on.
You "found" a hidden metephor in my OP, because you are completely incapable of abandoning your partisan rhetoric for 2 seconds.

You are prime example of what I am talking about regarding objectivity. Luckily though, you aren't immature and juvinile.

Regardless.... it doesn't MATTER what you think about financial, or political, or religion, or abortion, or war.... the point is... debate it logically and objectivily. That is the point.

To be quite honest, the fact that some people are completely incapable of even SEEING how non-objective they are seriously concerns me. Are people so filled with partisan rhetoric and talking points that they can't even have a discussion on a political forum without regarding HOW the debate is handled without actually debating? Im astounded.

Maybe I do need to get out of here for awhile.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:00 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Yeah, because the office of the President was SO respected while Bush held it.

Eitherway, you are off topic.
The office of the POTUS was resepected and that is the very reason why people were up in arms. The Bush administration defiled the office with all of the underhanded and corrupted catering to the Neoconcs and ignoring the will and needs of the people. I don't think that any respect is warranted when we were lied into a war that enriched cronies and corporate interests as opposed to doing things for Americans with the tax dollars. Iraq's oil never paid for the war as we were told it was going to. I really will not get into a debate about Bush again as the people that accept the truth and the ones that deny the truth are already etched in stone.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
libertarian, I am astounded by how degrading this forum has gotten since President Obama was elected. The partisan split, and overall immature and juvinile nature of many of the people here, is really quite disturbing.
Where were you the last 8 years of hate from the Left? If you were silent or joined in on the hate, you don't have a leg to stand on or any credibility on the issue.

Please, point out for me your posts denigrating the Left for their rabid hatred of Bush.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:07 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
To be quite honest, the fact that some people are completely incapable of even SEEING how non-objective they are seriously concerns me. Are people so filled with partisan rhetoric and talking points that they can't even have a discussion on a political forum without regarding HOW the debate is handled without actually debating? Im astounded.
I was just about to say the same thing. People are debating their ability to debate in a reasonable and objective manner by slinging mud and pointing fingers. Maybe there is a need for Proselytizers Not-so-Anonymous.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:08 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You'd be in the minority then....
Hardly........

Old 10-02-2009, 02:08 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
where were you the last 8 years of hate from the left? If you were silent or joined in on the hate, you don't have a leg to stand on or any credibility on the issue.

Please, point out for me your posts denigrating the left for their rabid hatred of bush.
ph

Old 10-02-2009, 02:11 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
PH!

(This is how I suggest that we handle people who continue to be partisan hacks who derail conversations, like the above post. PH=partisan hack. Everybody just post PH and ignore the person who can't be objective)

This conversation WASN'T ABOUT division. Its ok to disagree. Nobody expects or even thinks its a good idea to agree. The point though, is HOW you disagree.
You just lost all cred. For someone who started this thread about partisanship, funny you start labeling people PH. "Labels" are part of the problem with partisanship doncha think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies